• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

12 gram CO2

I have always used Crosman and have never had any problems. ON an interesting note, I ran across this company awhile ago. Leland gas company. They make and bottle all sort of industrial gases. They make a military grade 12 gram c02 capsule used for weapon training . They claim it provides a little more power than the average c02 capsule. They also make a 12 gram nitrogen capsule. I haven't tried them yet but plan to soon as it coming on to c02 weather. They are rather pricey.

Hello Nattboy, Very interesting information, I am old so Crossman is in my blood, but I am always open to a better mousetrap when it comes along. I would be insterested in seeing a Chronograph test of the different cartridges, I will have to consult my database (otherwise known as YouTube) to see if there are any, if I find some I will forward them to you.

Ron

It's hard to beat the Crossman CO2 cartridge for money or performance. I get a solid 50 shots from my Diana Chaser using the Crossman CO2. One thing I have found weird that I don't think has anything to do with the cartridge but I get about 5 to 10 more shots when I use 10.5 grain 177 pellets instead of the 7.9 grain. I know there is some physics explanation for this but I can only guess that the 10.5 is takes more energy to get it moving thereby creating backpressure against the valve, But it's only a guess.

Ron

Ron, I have never tried Uramex. Walmart is just to easy. I have a Diana Chaser in .22 caliber. A friend tuned for me. It shoots a 14.3 gr pellet at 11.4 fpe - 600 fps. I get about 30 good shoots per capsule. I put a Hawke Vantage 4x32 AO scope on and it's dead on at 25 yards. My grandson is hell on the squirrels. I don't mind the shot count. It keeps the boy happy.

The link to the other thread is interesting reading. One post is of a graph showing Crosman with the most CO2 and Umarex with the least across multiple brands. I’d always assumed, like rimfire ammo, most of it comes from the same factory. No idea where that data came from, so take with a grain of salt.

I am surprised how often I hear someone say “I only buy this brand cause that is what is recommended in the owner’s manual” 

If Fred’s Airguns makes CO2 cartridges too, of course they’re gonna write “Only use Fred’s Airguns cartridges, pellets, scopes, oil and Fred’s Airgun brand shooting gloves’ in their manual. Just like Ford wants you to get your oil changes at the Ford dealer. But any reputable shop can do the same thing for less $$$ and won’t change your warranty.