12 gram co2 adapter for Sig MPX, which one are you using?

My sons informed me that I'm getting a Sig Sauer MPX for Father's Day because they found a great deal somewhere and the wife told me no more guns! I just watched a few YouTube videos and the rifle uses 88/90 gram co2 cartridges and I'd like to use 12 gram co2's. Which adapter works best and what are you using with your MPX or MCX? I'm ordering a couple of 90g co2's but I want to hear from forum members first to see what you're using. I've found assorted adapters on eBay, Amazon and PA and reviews are all over the place. I think the kids got the MCX because I recently purchased a Sig M17 and hinted I'd like to get a Sig rifle someday but someday was like next year. I'm liking the M17 but my gun is pellet picky. I've used Crosman HP, Pointed and RWS Diabolo Basic pellets and after 4 reloads the gun leaves a few in the pellet belt between reloads plus the gun jammed with pointed pellets, I'm hoping my pellets work better with the MCX. BTW, the MCX looks awesome in the reviews, very military and realistic. I've got all the air guns I need for the CV19 Zombie Apocalypse!

I got the Umarex one for mine. Think it is no longer available but just as well. The threads are a little to short and required slight modification to gun to fit. I seen a couple months ago there is one made to exact fit the MPX but can't remember where I saw it. 

My biggest disappointment with the gun is the velocity. It is no where near what they advertise. Most of the time mine won't penetrate a aluminum soda can at 10-15 yds, which is about its max range. Best accuracy is 5 shots within 2-3 inches at 15yds using the sig match pb 8.18 gr wadcutter (flat head) pellets. Shooting domed and hollow point ones in mine is like pitching a knuckle ball, not to say that 2-3 inch groups at 15 yds is not.

It is fun to shoot as long as you are shooting close and it isn't jamming. What makes it jam, well, using the 2 12gram cartridges in the adaptor. I can go thru about 35-50 shots and it starts jamming. If I use the 88 gram cartridge I can go thru almost 6 1/2 30 round mags before it starts to jam. Loading is easily and extra mags are relative inexpensive, at least they were. Messing with the 2 12 gram adaptor took a lot of the fun out of it for me. The hotter the temp the longer it will go without jamming.

Looks like you have already realized those 88 gramers are expensive.

You can get a regulated HPA bottle for about $99 from places like PA. The bottle replaced the butt stock and comes with a butt plate that attached to the back of the bottle. I never got one because to be completely honest (sorry to say this about your Father's Day present) but I think the gun is crap. True it is very good looking crap, but crap non the less. 

I think SIG is out of the airgun business and will not furnish any support.

Try to search Co2 Adaptor Walther or Umarex CO2 Adapter. As shoot44 said it needs some modification to fit MPX/MCX. With 2 12g cartridges I can go two mags, that's 60 shots no problems. Using the small loading tool which comes with MPX can almost eliminate jamming. I just fund a link looks like still in stock(Canada): Umarex 2X12-Gram CO2 Adapter For Air Rifles

WechatIMG235.1623834430.jpeg

WechatIMG237.1623834430.jpeg

WechatIMG238.1623834430.jpeg

WechatIMG240.1623834430.jpeg

Try to search Co2 Adaptor Walther or Umarex CO2 Adapter. As shoot44 said it needs some modification to fit MPX/MCX. With 2 12g cartridges I can go two mags, that's 60 shots no problems. Using the small loading tool which comes with MPX can almost eliminate jamming. I just fund a link looks like still in stock(Canada): Umarex 2X12-Gram CO2 Adapter For Air Rifles

View attachment 156498

View attachment 156511

View attachment 156527

View attachment 156550
How does it work with two cartridges? I having trouble picturing it

That would work. How do they install? I can't picture how to in-line cartridges function.

The second picture in post #3. They insert with each cartridge end facing outward. When the cap is tightened each end of the adapter pierces one cartridge.

Edit: zoom the first picture. It has instructions as well.

Reactions: rainbowbob
I ordered the second one you linked which is a Genrics single 12 gm cartridge holder. When I get my rifle back from Sig Sauer I'll post a report. Thanks for the responses.
I got my rifle repaired and returned by Sig Sauer and fitted it with the Genrics single 12 gm adapter. It seems to work fine and well see how I holds up.

Reactions: jerrymail