• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

12 FPE .177 Traditional Type options

I'm looking for something with a nice walnut stock (that's not a bull pup) with a high shot count that I can tune down to 12 foot pounds energy.

I have a fwb 300 but my arthritis is starting to bug me so I need an alternative for my offhand practice out to about 50 yd.

There are a lot of nicer used guns out there but I don't follow them enough to know which ones I can get parts for or which ones are bulletproof and I shouldn't have to worry about.

The marauder field target might fill the bill? 

Suggestions?

My Kuzey guns should do that. 330cc tube. Pop in a reg and a little tuning and should be there all day. Gorgeous walnut wood. Thebestairgun.com 
20211130_135928.1643778964.jpg

Due to a torn rotator cuff, offhand shooting is difficult, but I agree with the HW100 recommendation, and my preference, the laminate carbine. The full length rifle is long, and with a silencer, substantially more forward weight bias than the carbine. The laminate version has an adjustable comb, which I find very desirable. My .177 is the 18 fpe model, and with the carbine air cylinder, shot count is not great, but that's not an issue for my use. If I were a FT shooter, I'd probably carry an extra cylinder. As already said above, it has a great trigger, it's easy to make minor tuning adjustments, and the workmanship is first class. Most of the same can be said of the Daystate Revere, and it's considerably lighter, a good thing for me right now, with the shoulder issue.

I always answer this type of question with the same answer. HW100 in just about any configuration. At 12fpe in .177 you can get close to 100 shots from a 200 bar fill.

X2

IMG_20210508_144423054_HDR.1643802203.jpg

Thats the kind if beautiful gun I'm talking about!!!

Thats a really early HW100 from 2004. Rifle length tube, and a 12fpe spec-length 410mm barrel. The current FAC guns will have the same cylinder, but longer 500mm barrel. If you buy new, it would be worth it to buy a dedicated 12fpe gun from Krale to get the shorter barrel. 

Thats a Ratworks aluminum cylinder to save weight, and a Lothar Walther barrel with a modified barrel band. 

I’ve found the 410mm barrel to be just about perfect for the 12fpe power output. I set my regulator to 80bar and backed off the hammer spring to have a few thousands of gap . Works wonders for the shot count. Here’s a great place to get a new HW100 for a great price. These are listed in Canadian pesos , there is no tax to pay just add the shipping cost. https://www.airgunforum.ca/store/index.php?cPath=22