12 FPE, .17 vs .22

Krale sells the HW100 in 16j pretty cheap. I’ve seen a ton of videos on it and the little rifle performs well! 

Matt

Not sure what's going on with the HW100 at Krale, most seem to be Discontinued? I ordered mine from krale and it took months. Yep, I'm here to tell you what you seen is correct.

Edit: The HW100 Bull Pup is supposed to be out soon, I would consider getting it.

I have owned a BSA Ultra SE .22, for several years. Blued steel and wood. It is accurate and a joy to own and shoot. I had originally wanted a .177, but they were not available at the time. I would really like to add the .177 version. You might find that the .177 comes from the factory at around 9-10 fpe. They were a few years back. I would buy one now even knowing that was the case. Hope this helps.

My 177 cal bantam on low power is right at 12 fpe. I was surprised by how much power 12 fpe relates to. At 80 yards a 177 pellet will pass completely through a can of soup with no problem.

You are not lying! I shot a 2x6 piece of wood (pine) about 2 feet away and the pellet stopped short of coming out the other side, showing its face. 

I wonder if a dreamline can be detuned to 12fpe and have a good sd still and be accurate. .177 is a pretty good caliber and surprises me. 

Matt

I think the answer is yes. Not sure if that involves a specific reg, or transfer port, or what. Here’s Giles review with a “UK” model.

https://youtu.be/C6kHs9WEwEc

Reactions: DeutschKSK
Having had a LOT of 12FPE set FX guns, most of which went back I can tell you be very careful here!

Firstly FX are basically poly barrels and are known not to shoot as well at lower power settings, IMO if you are going for 12FPE get a standard rifled Walther barrel for the best accuraccy levels.

The 12FPE FX guns have different hammer springs, smaller transfer ports and the regs are set up very differently, they seem to be on top of the accuraccy issues now with the latest Impact etc.

As Bucketboy said the captain of the British shooting team who is a member on this site shoots a RAW 12FPE in .177, in fact he has two, absolutely brilliant guns and if they weren't on a ten year waiting list I would have one!