• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

10x scope for a springer?

I guess it really depends on your exact use and shooting style. I wouldn’t say that 10X is too much for a springer in general terms. My favorite springer is my HW97 and it has a Hawke 4-20X scope and I usually have it at 20X. Almost all my shooting with that rifle is from a bench at paper or steel targets. I can see where it would be tough to hunt with it if I was limited to just 20X however.
Kenny

I kinda wished i got a discovery scope when available there were 2 stright power 8x and 10x with side focus.

I notice with my multi powered (like 3x12 for example). That i tend to use and stay on 7 power ..

But me i hee haw around and mis the boat on a good deal. Seemed last i looked and in stock they were sale at 120$ ..

Anyway just the 8 power one probably been just fine for me over all.

Airgun optics plus use to have them

In 8 or 10

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen0351
I will mostly be plinking 50’ - 50 yards, our local range is 25 yards but I will probably go to ranges that have 50 yard targets too. And Im sure I will pl.

ay around with shots out to 100 yards for fun.
For me the 8x would do fine.. maybe a 6 for all around being Most always being at 7x when i shoot any distance .

In the end all you can do is try one you like as see how it works out..

My eyes and all aint yours in deciding whats best for you.

I thought about trying a fixed 10x but left some of my variable scopes on 10x and decided it wasn't for me. But I do need any of my airguns available for pest duty so that influenced it. I think it would be fine on a plinker.

Besides SWFA and Discovery, Optisan also makes a 10x32 and a 10x44. Vector makes a 10x44 that I assume is identical to the Discovery aside from reticle differences.

I thought about trying a fixed 10x but left some of my variable scopes on 10x and decided it wasn't for me. But I do need any of my airguns available for pest duty so that influenced it. I think it would be fine on a plinker.

Besides SWFA and Discovery, Optisan also makes a 10x32 and a 10x44. Vector makes a 10x44 that I assume is identical to the Discovery aside from reticle differences.
A 6x with a good wide and clear 30mm tube may be kinda nice.

Vector got a 10x 30mm sf scope on the cheap. But springer worthy?? Don't know

I have the SWFA SS 12x with MOA reticle. The reticle has plenty of holdover and adjustment. The SWFA glass etched reticles are good for multiple uses. They are solid scopes and built to last, but they are not lightweights.
I also had an MTC Viper Pro fixed 10x44. A good scope and the magnification was enough for target shooting while still low enough to see the background.