10X is the magic

In my long haul of trial and error..finding that 10 power on scopes is the magical magnification in my case of a magnum springer. Steadier reticle and easier to plant a cheek weld with a forgiving eye relief. Ive been exclusively using 12 power and finding the reticle dances way too much .10 power allows you to stay on target and accuracy improves .this is subjective..as I realize field target enthusiasts use higher magnification. I'm strictly using this as a rule of thumb for minute of squirrel or rabbit at 50 to 70 ..The stats for my setup are this ..Barracuda hunter extremes 18.2 grain at 700 fps.10x on hawke airmax .repeatable accuracy .oh the gun is a Diana 350 pro compact in .22.shot off sticks as said ranges .

10x is my go-to magnification for most of my springers. I'm okay with seeing my jitters magnified, but I feel like I need the magnification for precise aiming. With second focal plane scopes, my range card is calibrated in mil dots and is only valid at one magnification, so I chose 10x and standardized on that.

With my pcps that have first focal plane scopes, I usually leave the scope set at 15x. I make a lot of pesting shots out at 50 yards and need the extra resolution that this magnification provides.

On my FX Independence pumper/pcp I have a hawk sidewinder tactical second focal plane scope that goes up to 20 x. My range card is calibrated at 10x, and that's what I use for pesting. Sometimes when I shoot from a rest I dial up the magnification to 20x and double my mil dot hold from my range card.

Regards,
Feinwerk