• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results 10th Anniversary ASC FT Match

Good afternoon everyone,
I have some exciting news for you. The May FT match at ASC will be our 10th anniversary! We held our first match on the same 3D archery lanes in May 2014 thanks to much help from Chris Simmons (Match Director), Byron Wells (ASC President), Bob Dye, and Ron Robinson. We were the second FT match to start in the North Texas area, Pecan Plantation was before us, and the already established Yegua club was down in central Texas, and in a few years, there were 4 FT clubs in Texas (ASC, Dallas FT Club, Pecan Plantation, Boerne). Alas, only ASC and Boerne remain, but our attendance is stronger than ever.

As commemoration of this historic anniversary, I would like to invite any and all current and former shooters at ASC to attend the next match on Saturday, May 25 as a shooter or a spectator, and we will serve lunch to all. We will not charge extra for the lunch. Come out and see friends/enemies/competitors that you’ve not seen for a few years and get reacquainted.

Here is the match info:
Match is Saturday May 25th, 2024 (the 4th Saturday of the month) starting at 9:00am. This will be a 56-60 shot fun match with a lower Troyer rating.

Gates will open at 7:30 for sight in and sign up.
Safety meeting at 8:45. Rifle match to start at 9:00am.
Lunch after the match at about 12:30 or so.
All rifles must be in a case or rifle carrier when moving between lanes.
Please note that it is a club rule that all shooters wear appropriate EYE protection. We don't have extras so remember to bring your own.
Unlimited class with rangefinders or big scopes with sticks is fine.

ASC Members $5, non-Members $10

Arlington Sportsman’s Club is located at: 11500 County Road 525, Mansfield, TX 76063(Also called Lillian Road)
Thanks,
Jeff Cloud
[email protected]
817-360-0611

I hope that you are all making plans to attend the match this Saturday for the opportunity to see old friends, have some free sandwiches and drinks for lunch, and shoot a vintage ASC course...you heard me correctly. We are going to re-create the first ASC FT match layout for our 10th anniversary. The original match was only 22T, so we are going to turn it up to about 29 or 30T, so that it is more in line with our current matches. I think if it was a 22T difficulty, we'd be there all day for shootoffs, because so many folks cleared the course!
Scott and I hope to see as many of you as can attend.
See you Saturday.
Jeff Cloud
ASC Match Director

Dammit Jeff don’t go screwing it up. It must be a 22T match! This needs to be a happy event. With all the wind we have had a 22T will be more like a 34T anyway. 1x2 scoring like 10 years ago? Assuming you still have the match results from 10 years ago it would be interesting to see who all is still around 10 years later. Maybe a “Most Improved“ award.
I will be there.

• Haha
Reactions: Cloud9AG
Seems like an excellent opportunity to take respite from all-too-serious, and have some good-old FUN. That said, here's hoping shooting field target with my .22 R-9 qualifies. :oops::eek:

1716401996139.png

If nothing else, no-one still wondering about my grasp on reality... still will.

Last edited:
Ok, the course is set. Scott and I sweated it out to get it ready this afternoon. As I mentioned previously, this will be a "reincarnation" of our first match 10 years ago. Same lanes, same target distances, but with KZ's reduced a little bit to increase the Troyer above 22T. Come on out an have some fun slinging lead, and we'll feed you Taco Casa and drinks for lunch afterward.
Gates open at 7:30am, match starts at 9:00am.
See you tomorrow.
Jeff Cloud
ASC FT Match Director

Another great match organized and hosted by Jeff and Scott. So much so, several of us made the 4-6 hour trip (one way) to shoot with some of the most genuine people in FT today.
Had a blast! Looking forward to RoT 2024.
And don't forget Ron's EFT this weekend.
Same group of great guys will be there too!

Jeff and Scott, it was a great day shooting with everyone at ASC. The re-enactment of the first match held there in 2014 almost made me feel 10 years younger. HA! We appreciate the effort and hard work you guys put into pulling off your exceptional matches. Looking forward to the next 10 years.