10meter practice

I have started a regiment to get me ready for the squirrel season, and I find it to be fun. I downloaded a 5 bullseye 10Meter target that struck my fancy and now every night after dinner, I head down to the basement and shoot it twice. You shoot 5 pellets per bull, scoring ring for .177 or .22 and max score is 250.
I shoot it offhand with my Brocock XR and my 3-12x Veryon. scope.
It's also a fun exercise on a rainy day.
I also find it to be a great physical and mental exercise as well. You build up muscle holding the gun steady, it really helps you focus on breathing and trigger control.

I may have to try this with my old shooting jacket.

5xFTDCh.jpg

Great fun and good shooting offhand. Some might snicker at the distance till they try it. Keep it up.
Totally agree, 10 meter is a great challenge. You can really tell when a shot is good and when you have pulled one. I really like the level of concentration it takes for every shot. To me it's very Zen like and requires great focus. This will be great fun this winter when it's too cold to go out or there's a foot of snow coming down.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Reactions: rsfrid
I shot in a winter league for 20 years. I shooting coat makes a world of difference.
It is more relaxing with a coat, and somewhat easier. Anyway less tension in the position leads to less stress, and more reward.
Funny, but I start practice today on the last day of the county fair. Gives me 6 weeks before the first match to get tuned up.
I use a Walther LG 400 expert model? I forget the name. I also have an Anschutz 9003 Precise. Either is nirvana.