• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

10m Para advice and equipment wanted

Hey guys and gals, my daughter recently took silver at 10m youth adaptive 10m nationals, and now she says she deserves a gun instead of borrowing one. I don't disagree. However, I have no experience with 10m ISSF, not to mention Paralympic rules and equipment. She was shooting a Crosman Challenger at the tournament, so apparently that's an option. I'd like to hear opinions and offers for sale of competition ready rifles and related equipment. One particular piece of equipment that I have no idea where to find is the spring stand for supporting the rifle in SH2 category. Links and other resources are also appreciated. Because we live in a very rural area, we are basically on our own for training, advice, and equipment, so the usual references to VFW, NRA, Boy Scouts, etc don't do us much good because those groups either have few resources and/or don't exist for this category and level of competition. I know this level of gun is expensive, but we have had pretty good luck with grants. That being said, if we can get started with something inexpensive while we seek grants, then she'll be that much better prepared for next season. There are other less fortunate kids with disabilities in our area that we would pass on a starter rifle to once we get her something higher end. Thanks in advance! John

Congratulations on your daughter's success!

The AA S200 is a solid accurate gun and not too expensive.They are pretty light which may or may not be good thing.
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/air-arms-t200-sporter-air-rifle-target-sights?m=2622

Sadly, Crosman no longer offers the 25% AGNATION discount which would have made the Challenger a top choice. A lot of the youth programs use the Daisy Avanti single stroke pneumatic, but it sounds as if your daughter may be beyond that one. 

I have no personal experience with the Air Force Edge, But have seen a fair bit of positive feedback on it.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/airforce-edge-in-blue-front-rear-sights?m=1813

As to accessories like the stand, you might try Champion's Choice's website. Also a Google search with the right keywords may get you somewhere.

I did a quick search and found these folks-not sure if you already know about them, but they may be of help.

https://www.usashooting.org/about/paralympicshooting

I wish you the best-I have a son in a wheelchair who loves shooting so much that he's now a gunsmith in Texas.

Regards,

John

I'm certainly no expert but the two rifles look quite a bit different to my eye?

ch2009s.20201210230716.png

Daisy599_Angle_Right_Side-1024x542.jpg

Challenger at top, Daisy 599 at bottom. The Daisy looks to have a different trigger group and a free floated barrel, the breeches look pretty similar.

These are great tips from everyone - keep them coming! That AA T200 looks VERY interesting. The light weight is bonus for her - she's both small stature and the nature of her disability limits arm strength. I also like that it can be changed to a 12FPE gun. Does anyone have personal experience with that one?

The AA/CZ 200 is not exactly a light gun.

Kind of nose-heavy 'cuz of its steel air tank.

Very accurate though.

Mine had a longer tube, as it was the FAC Hunter Series in .177.

Me and my bud shooting it at 75 meters (5-shot groups each, 10g AA/JSB):

cz s200 1 3.1627338595.jpg

cz target 2.1627338650.jpg

cz target.1627338678.jpg

We are somewhat equal, but he was always the better offhand (a southpaw) shooter.

I owned the .22 caliber version of the T200 and found it to be a very light, accurate and simply designed rifle. Mine had a custom stock and I very much regret selling it. Spare air cylinders are available if you need more shots to finish a match, though I would guess you'll get a lot of shots from a fill at the 10 meter power setting and may not need an extra tank. Bear in mind you will need a fill source for any pre-charged guns like the T200 or Crosman Challenger. Both of those guns have small cylinders and relatively low working pressure, so a hand pump or Scuba tank would be a practical fill method. As the able bodied dad, you'll be doing the pumping or tank filling most likely. There are how-to videos on this subject out there on Youtube, Google is your friend here.