• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

107 Yards -Unconfirmed.

Where did it hit him?

Looks like in the chest, as it was just shy of the head.

Was tough to tell. Wasn’t sure if it was a shoulder or chest shot. I almost thought it was a rump shot until it turned and ran off. Those things are huge!! 107 yards with a Bulldog and JSB pellets? Good shootin in my book. They all can’t be perfect shots and those pellets start dropping significantly outside of 50 yards. Were you ever able to confirm your distance?

Where did it hit him?

Looks like in the chest, as it was just shy of the head.

Was tough to tell. Wasn’t sure if it was a shoulder or chest shot. I almost thought it was a rump shot until it turned and ran off. Those things are huge!! 107 yards with a Bulldog and JSB pellets? Good shootin in my book. They all can’t be perfect shots and those pellets start dropping significantly outside of 50 yards. Were you ever able to confirm your distance?

The 107 yards is confirmed distance from my ATN ABL rangefinder. The greatest benefit of using the ATN scopes with the ABL rangefinder add-on is the built in Ballistics Calculator. After you range to the target from the scope, it will move the crosshairs to the new POI based on the rounds ballistic coefficient, fps from the muzzle, scope height about bore and ammo weight. Think Chargun built into the scope. I was using the profile I made for the Polymags, and the ballistic coefficient is ever so slightly worse with the JSB Exact, hence the ammo falling slightly short. It's also possible that it was good enough, but I needed better support for the gun than leaning against my window sill. I also could have zoomed in more, which would have made a big difference too.

I know the thwack sound the round made surely made great contact, and with him backing up, leads me to believe it struck in the chest, especially after you watch it a couple of times.

That thing is huge!! I have one around me that size I know its going to take a head shot (.22) to bring it down.

And that is mid sized from the ones I've disposed of! I recently posted a headshot with the Bulldog, and it makes quite the mess!

https://youtu.be/hOGWhhFmyVQ

Excellent shot and kill.

This is the main reason I just bought a Huben K1 in 25 cal; Scotty we need more power lol

Will