100 yd spotting scope question

This budget Simmons 20-60 work fine for me along with shoot n see targets.

Screenshot_20230621_095841_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230621_095315_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: mh
I can see them pretty well with my 24x Midas Tac when I'm shooting unless the target is backlit. My 40x Bushnell Elite spotting scope seems to be enough for all that have looked through it. On really high mag the mirage makes it tough at times. Best ss I've ever looked through was a Swarovski 60x but I've not experienced one at the range.
Bob

So many to choose from. Especially now in the under 100$ ( 50-85$ ) range.

Also some come with extras like a phone/ camera mount .

I guess like a scope xpower is x amount power. You see a 20x60 then liked price higher maged one. Anyway the list from like amazon is a mile long ..lol. Just pick your poison..

Check on imthetostyone thread on the one he grabbed at harbor fright and ask him on how he's liken it .

Looking for to get a spotting scope for 100 yard shooting. What do you say is the minimum power I need to see .22 holes with?
thanks
Depends a lot on the target design itself.

20-60 should be enough but if the lighting is harsh, the shot lands in a dark black area, and the background is shaded, a cheap spotter may not show it.

David

Reactions: Arzrover and mh
Thanks all. That Simmons looks like what I need. I like using iron sights and my 7x bingos don’t cut it at 50 yards.
As I am planning on re- retiring next year I will be looking into a better spotter for bird watching, but the straight Simmons for the range.
Mitch
I use x16 binos and there lacking under certain conditions. It now old and cheaper branded but nothing like was when new. Even at 100 the suns got to hit the target just right for .177, dame as said above in the black you cant see the hits well or at all at 50 , bit i figure if its not in the rady to see white it must bee a good hit in the black bulls..lol.
Ps.
Personly i just dont see that Simmons above being budget.. maybe at $60 or so but 100$? Dont know about that..