• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning 100 yard group 15 inch BARREL p12 1100 fps 177 with slugs

To me this is no good Its on video but reshootin today .It was windy yesturday and i didnt wash and lube the slugs 4 shots in .821 of an inch. Wih the flier 1.552.So today i reshoot.And with little wind and clean ammo they will be tight and fast. Speeds were fron 1109 to the last at 1053 the flier .that one tripped over a piece of lead causing it to slow and spiral. Check out my post on washing your ammo.This is why posted it for you guys
IMG_20211129_112950.1638203407.jpg
 pics and video coming tonite

Just out of curiocity may I ask why did you chop 18inch barrel to 15inch? Also on some previous post you said you are running regpressure at 3800psi or something and filling to 4500psi so I assume you have custom made airtube, valves and regulator since stock snowpeak/artemis/spa/mrodair or W/E P12 is only rated at 2900psi/200bar fill. Give us atleast some pics of that gun.

I have lane reg set at a little over 4000 psi.As for airtube i call the manufacturer and was to they were tested to 8000 psi and i was good to fill to 5000 psi. Barrel was cut to remove the choke and then the barrel was lapped the oldschool way.As soon as the wind calms down i will shoot the video and post it.And i will also explain alot more about the gun .I bought over ten of these guns to customize .I will go over the features and why i chose that platform.

Get on you youtue search tofazfou. And look at his 17 call airforce airgun. Watch the speed and accuracy.He used a greenmountain barrel, which is 172 cal. His barrel cost 80. dollars.If you get on walther barrel site you can get a poly barrel for 120, dollars .\, and the you can shoot any 177 slugs.172 cal take a special size slug. Watch all his vids.

I have lane reg set at a little over 4000 psi.As for airtube i call the manufacturer and was to they were tested to 8000 psi and i was good to fill to 5000 psi. Barrel was cut to remove the choke and then the barrel was lapped the oldschool way.As soon as the wind calms down i will shoot the video and post it.And i will also explain alot more about the gun .I bought over ten of these guns to customize .I will go over the features and why i chose that platform.

You know thats really dangerous right? Filling 2900psi chinese aluminium pressure tube to 5000psi is like playing russian roulette.. eventually it will blow up and kill you.. snowpeak all it says about test cycle is 5000fills from zero to 2900psi.. interesting enough I always thought P12 barrel is unchoked 🧐

I understand with the short little barrel, a sip of super high pressure air is going to launch a slug cleanly. And maybe it takes over 1,000fps to get that pellet barrel to shoot them well. But what I can’t understand is shooting an IED every day. Shooting dumb little bullets out of a pellet gun is not worth risking getting maimed or dead. 

Reactions: boscoebrea
I understand with the short little barrel, a sip of super high pressure air is going to launch a slug cleanly. And maybe it takes over 1,000fps to get that pellet barrel to shoot them well. But what I can’t understand is shooting an IED every day. Shooting dumb little bullets out of a pellet gun is not worth risking getting maimed or dead.

Agree. As Albert Einstein said, the difference between genius and stupidity, genius has its limits! 

That is the absolute dumbest post I’ve read on this forum yet. 5000psi in a chinesium air vessel. You must have a death wish. Please , please , please do not try to reproduce this with any 2900psi air cylinder. Never , never , never overfill past the manufacturers recommended fill pressures. Simply irresponsible to post where complete newbies can read this and think it’s acceptable. 

Responsible manufacturers with lawyers and qualified engineers typically use a 3:1 safety factor. What is posted here is no where near that. Simply foolish. 

I do remember the Artemis P12 can be filled past the 2900psi mark as I have read on the GTA forums. BUT...The big BUT is I don't do it or advise people to do it. IT is fking "PRINTED" 2900psi fill for a reason!!!

The P12 uses the P15 airtube, so the manufacturers claimed. But Please dont fking fill it past 3600psi.

The only Airtube I would fill to 4000psi is the ATI Liberty airtube, because it's printed on the tube for 4250psi fill.