100 yard airgun

The .22 is viable at 100 yards.

The .25 is very controlable at 100 yards.

With a .30 hitting a marble at 100 yards is a must.

This bird was taken today at 110 yards with a Uragan. 22 with JSB's 15.9 grain:

IMG_20210829_092531338_BURST000_COVER_COMP2.1630275954.jpg

you get what you pay for, precision machining costs money and they 'got you' on top of it because mid to low range airguns are basically stamped out .. caliber isnt going to matter much, ammo that works with the particular barrel and setup is more critical .. again, in these times its going to cost you if you need some fancy ammo .. all considerations and what is actually acceptable to you .. bragging rights are great and everything, but i dont need dead accuracy at 100 in a pellet gun .. 50 is fine lol .. if theres something big out there at 100 i need to hammer i got a .308 that will hit a dime every time, i dont need a 5000$ pellet gun setup to do it ...

Thanks for all the input. I have been shooting 100 with a impact m3 .25 snipe.r Was very surprised at how accurate it was at 100 yards, of course wind comes un play but very impressed. Moa is easily achieved in right conditions. I chose .25 because of pellet price vs .30 . I would think the .30 would be the cats meow. Anyway thanks agian it is so much fun pushing these guns cant wait to try longer distance.

generally speaking, a heavier projectile will have a higher BC potential, which means bigger is better when it comes to distance and wind drift.

obviously under many conditions, you can do the job with a 22 as demonstrated above.

Hmm I disagree. Ballistic coefficient of Drag Coefficient is more affected by shape than caliber. Actually I'm currently shooting .22 and .25 caliber. And I'm shooting in both the same pellet weight, 25gr. The 22 caliber is thinner than the 25 and for that reason has better BC and I see the results, in windy days I like to go with my .22 over the .25 this if using the 25 gr JSB King on my 25. MK2 are other story

MK2 has better BC than the JSB King 25gr, and here they have more weight but it's not the weight that gives you better BC is the aerodynamic shape they have, this is the reason slugs are the king of the wind. They will have better BC than a pellet, again, shape over caliber. 

For competition the MK2 are great but as mentioned before that's not all, the tuning and barrel used are going to play a big role at 100 plus. This is the pellet the 68 W use the most on their 25 cal. 

Most modern airguns shoot very well and 100 imo is no longer a struggle for many of them. I look for accuracy that can be duplicated, strong quality barrel system, good regulator and overall build quality. Not a fan of getting something to shoot well today only to find tomorrow it's all over the place. I really like the .30 caliber for long range hunting and target shooting. This year I may try and use a .22 in the Extreme Benchrest as I feel fairly confident in that caliber and the score is done with a .30 plug so it might have a slight advantage.