100 yard airgun

The advantage of having a more heavy weight at distance is that the diabolo shape will decelerate faster than a slug shape, and when it start loosing speed it might flight erratically because rotation speed will decrease at a much lower rate. 

Having more mass helps to extend the range where the stabilization is lost. The BC will help with wind drift, and that is affecting the ammo in flight before losing stabilization.

So it's a combination of many factors, but one thing that it's sure is that the ammo plays a very important factor at the long range shooting. That's why you see people that compete expending time selecting ammo, sorting pellets and making sure that part is taken care, wrong ammo will throw off accuracy even at 40 yards 

It's the arrow, the bow and the Indian 🤣

I first hit the 100 10 years ago with my Monsoon in .22. Just at a local get together n shoot. There was a can at 100, and most were shooting the field targets at 10 or 20 and I was bored. So, why not? Once I got my dope right, I couldn't miss that dang thang. I believe it surprised most everybody and I got the bug and started chasing it more. 

Now I am shooting the .22 and .25, and flirting with slugs. Also started working out 100yd, 150yd and 200yd markers. 

A 12 ft lb Steyr in 177 I recently tuned ....

20200913_173601.1630543353.jpg
20200913_173545.1630543354.jpg

8.4s @ 890. Tongue in cheek , of course but this 100 yard group is real. The first 3 were on the right and on top of each other and then the wind changed perceptibly but I didn't hold for it. Amazing rifle....

Bluebaby's Wolverine in 177 at 20 ft lb has done similar or better. 100 yards can be shot with most any good rifle but difficulty in the wind might vary.

Bob