• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A 100 or less...

Absolutely amazing collection. I appreciate a collection of unusual items. I collect Remington bullet knives with the corresponding ad posters that were released over a 17-year period starting in the early 80's.
In some ways the internet has made collecting much easier. But I wonder if it has devalued the items as well. I remember my wife and I driving over 8 hours to meet a seller and purchase a hard-to-find poster.
Much easier nowadays.
Still, it does not detract from the absolutely stellar collection you have of form, function and artistry displayed with your collection. Kudos.

Doc

Reactions: DualMagMike
Here are some of my rarest FACTORY PRODUCED PISTON rifles NO CUSTOM MADE, NO PCP's! All have a total production of 100 specimens or less. Some much, much less.

Right on the border of the 100 number is the Theoben Dual Magnum. Reported as “approximately 104” produced. I believe this may be the actual combined number for both Theoben & Beeman marked Dual Magnums. This may not be correct but being so close to 100 and the word “approximate” used in the Blue Book description I included it.
View attachment 325258

No information about the Beeman marked Dual Magnums in the Blue Book nor anywhere else that I can find so I apply most of the same rationale as above. Overall, I feel there may be even fewer Beeman marked examples, but I cannot prove this.
View attachment 325259

Beeman FWB 124D with Jnc marking- at one point the Blue Book had these listed as "less than 25" but this seems to have been disproven and removed. It does seem that less than 100 should be plausible.
View attachment 325260

Beeman RX 1 20 Year Anniversary edition- As few as 25 specimens were produced.
View attachment 325261

Beeman R1 20 Year Anniversary edition- Blue Books states 50 were produced.
View attachment 325262

RWS RA-800- Very hard to find good information on this one but production seems to be 25 to perhaps 40 from what I could find.
View attachment 325263

Beeman HW55 Tyrolean- just 25 produced, this one has a heavy factory barrel sleeve.
View attachment 325264

Beeman R1 Tyrolean- less than 25 produced. (.177) with model 68R Blue Ribbon scope (4-12x40)
View attachment 325265

Beeman R1 Tyrolean- less than 25 produced. (.20) with model 68R Blue Ribbon scope (4-12x40)
View attachment 325266

Beeman HW97 Tyrolean- Blue Book states these were never produced but here is mine. I had a conversation some years ago with David Slade, he said he personally saw a handful of these come into the Beeman shop. He then reiterated “a handful”! 25 or less seems to be a very reasonable estimate.
View attachment 325268

Beeman HW35 TH- According to R Beeman only a handful of HW35’s were ever produced with a factory thumbhole stock. This seems to be another candidate for 25 or less.
View attachment 325269

Beeman FWB 127 with Jnc marking- These seems to be exceedingly rare. A Beeman article mentioned that the 127’s production is about 5% of that of the 124’s. Less than 25 produced seems to be a very safe estimate on this one as well. I personally have only seen or heard of 1 or 2 others.
View attachment 325270

Air Arms Pro Elite- Total production of all PE’s (.22 & .177) was just over 1400, less than 530 were .177 Total production of all walnut stocks was just 57. An estimate of .177’s with walnut stock could be ~20 or less.
View attachment 325271

Beeman HW35 RDB 1 chrome- “Less than 20 factory chrome plated versions of any HW/Beeman guns exist. The very rarest versions are the ones that are factory stamped with Robert Beeman’s initials”. I believe a good estimate on this one might be +-5 specimens?
View attachment 325272
Now, you are really starting to tick me off! Haha

Absolutely amazing collection. I appreciate a collection of unusual items. I collect Remington bullet knives with the corresponding ad posters that were released over a 17-year period starting in the early 80's.
In some ways the internet has made collecting much easier. But I wonder if it has devalued the items as well. I remember my wife and I driving over 8 hours to meet a seller and purchase a hard-to-find poster.
Much easier nowadays.
Still, it does not detract from the absolutely stellar collection you have of form, function and artistry displayed with your collection. Kudos.

Doc
Not sure anything has devalued IMO. Where access/ease has been increased so has the demand with so many more people being exposed to what's out there with a click of a finger.

I'm not sure I buy some of the claimed numbers from Beeman on a few things. I've owned two of the famed "Jnc" 124s myself and I'm not a collector by any stretch.

I also have a Beeman marked HW55T that appears to be from a different time period with a different checkering pattern than Mike shows. Leads me to believe that they made quite a few more than "25" in more than one run.

Who knows. Either way, they are all still highly uncommon.

No worries on Mike seeing this and being offended, he blocked me a long time ago. :)

Reactions: MDriskill
another one for the 100 or less club, just 50 were produced;

Beeman P1 20 year commemorative .20
36 P1 20 year.JPG

36 P1 20yr.JPG

Here are some of my rarest FACTORY PRODUCED PISTON rifles NO CUSTOM MADE, NO PCP's! All have a total production of 100 specimens or less. Some much, much less.

Right on the border of the 100 number is the Theoben Dual Magnum. Reported as “approximately 104” produced. I believe this may be the actual combined number for both Theoben & Beeman marked Dual Magnums. This may not be correct but being so close to 100 and the word “approximate” used in the Blue Book description I included it.
View attachment 325258

No information about the Beeman marked Dual Magnums in the Blue Book nor anywhere else that I can find so I apply most of the same rationale as above. Overall, I feel there may be even fewer Beeman marked examples, but I cannot prove this.
View attachment 325259

Beeman FWB 124D with Jnc marking- at one point the Blue Book had these listed as "less than 25" but this seems to have been disproven and removed. It does seem that less than 100 should be plausible.
View attachment 325260

Beeman RX 1 20 Year Anniversary edition- As few as 25 specimens were produced.
View attachment 325261

Beeman R1 20 Year Anniversary edition- Blue Books states 50 were produced.
View attachment 325262

RWS RA-800- Very hard to find good information on this one but production seems to be 25 to perhaps 40 from what I could find.
View attachment 325263

Beeman HW55 Tyrolean- just 25 produced, this one has a heavy factory barrel sleeve.
View attachment 325264

Beeman R1 Tyrolean- less than 25 produced. (.177) with model 68R Blue Ribbon scope (4-12x40)
View attachment 325265

Beeman R1 Tyrolean- less than 25 produced. (.20) with model 68R Blue Ribbon scope (4-12x40)
View attachment 325266

Beeman HW97 Tyrolean- Blue Book states these were never produced but here is mine. I had a conversation some years ago with David Slade, he said he personally saw a handful of these come into the Beeman shop. He then reiterated “a handful”! 25 or less seems to be a very reasonable estimate.
View attachment 325268

Beeman HW35 TH- According to R Beeman only a handful of HW35’s were ever produced with a factory thumbhole stock. This seems to be another candidate for 25 or less.
View attachment 325269

Beeman FWB 127 with Jnc marking- These seems to be exceedingly rare. A Beeman article mentioned that the 127’s production is about 5% of that of the 124’s. Less than 25 produced seems to be a very safe estimate on this one as well. I personally have only seen or heard of 1 or 2 others.
View attachment 325270

Air Arms Pro Elite- Total production of all PE’s (.22 & .177) was just over 1400, less than 530 were .177 Total production of all walnut stocks was just 57. An estimate of .177’s with walnut stock could be ~20 or less.
View attachment 325271

Beeman HW35 RDB 1 chrome- “Less than 20 factory chrome plated versions of any HW/Beeman guns exist. The very rarest versions are the ones that are factory stamped with Robert Beeman’s initials”. I believe a good estimate on this one might be +-5 specimens?
View attachment 325272
Wow, that's all I got..lol.🥰

Reactions: DualMagMike
I just ran across a Daisy 777 NIB never shot . I declined ,because i am just a shooter , by that i mean if i had any of the guns displayed i would just shoot them as i do any of my guns . That 777 is some collectors dream .

I don't think the 777(mfg. 1981-1997) fits this thread at all (100 or less)!

All of mine are shot, don't know why people think collectors don't shoot what they own?! I guess some don't but that's sure not me. My first couple of FT matches were shot with an extremely rare HW97 Tyrolean!

I don't think the 777(mfg. 1981-1997) fits this thread at all (100 or less)!

All of mine are shot, don't know why people think collectors don't shoot what they own?! I guess some don't but that's sure not me. My first couple of FT matches were shot with an extremely rare HW97 Tyrolean!
A lot of the collectors i talk to at the shows say the collector value is lost if it has been used , Maybe just a ploy to talk the price down ?