• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

10 Yards and 13" up and to the left, WHAT?

I had the ATN 4K Pro on my Ghost .25 cal. Pulled it off and went to mount my Aztec 5.5 x25 scope. Put it on, tighten the Picatinny Mounts. Mechanically zeroed the scope, full one way, than full the other, back to middle on both the elevation and windage. Set up a 3x4' Piece of plywood, black dot in the centerish. Two shots, at 35 yards, both missed. Hmmmmm, Set up a 2x3' piece of plywood 10 yards off. Black mark centerish and fired. WOW 13" up and 3" to the left.

There is no way on Gods green earth that the knobs are going to compensate for that at 1/4" per hundred yards.

Suggestions?

Smitty

I had the ATN 4K Pro on my Ghost .25 cal. Pulled it off and went to mount my Aztec 5.5 x25 scope. Put it on, tighten the Picatinny Mounts. Mechanically zeroed the scope, full one way, than full the other, back to middle on both the elevation and windage. Set up a 3x4' Piece of plywood, black dot in the centerish. Two shots, at 35 yards, both missed. Hmmmmm, Set up a 2x3' piece of plywood 10 yards off. Black mark centerish and fired. WOW 13" up and 3" to the left.

There is no way on Gods green earth that the knobs are going to compensate for that at 1/4" per hundred yards.

Suggestions?

Smitty
Low mounts or adjustable mounts. Fx adjustable worked for my buddies dreamline .30

Ok, I thought I had checked all that, but I'm off to the garage to double check.

These are Fixed rings, Match Sport or something like that.

Is there any MOA built into the fronts and rears? The sticker is on the front.

Smitty
So I went and loosened the scope up wiggled it around to make sure it was seated. Fired at the 35 yard Plywood, and two shots ended up being 8" Hight and 3" to the left of the aim point. Still way out of turret range.

Smitty

Ok, so I swapped the rings front to rear, did the mirror alignment thing, lined it up on the 35 yard plywood and it still came up 8" high. I took another shot with the black dot on the 10 line above the horizontal line. The pellet hit about 0.5" below the black dot.

I guess some adjustable mounts, or a shim in the back mount. Nothing but time on deck to get it dialed in.

Smitty

Per AOA description of Ghost:

“The picatinny scope rail has an included 20MOA that provides plenty of elevation with most scopes for long range targets.”

Are you accounting for the built-in elevation? Don’t have a Ghost, just an observation.

Edit: 20MOA would be 7” at 35 yards, not? If true for your Ghost and shooting 8” high with scope centered 1” would be scope error, rest would be the rail?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannyg
So I went and loosened the scope up wiggled it around to make sure it was seated. Fired at the 35 yard Plywood, and two shots ended up being 8" Hight and 3" to the left of the aim point. Still way out of turret range.

Smitty

I am a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned Burris Signature rings as the solution. They offer up to 40 MOA of adjustment in any direction, not just up and down like other adjustable rings. You should be able to zero the gun at the desired range(35 yards?) and have some remaining elevation and windage movement left unused. Using the +/- 20 inserts in front and back with the plus side down in the front ring and the plus side up in the rear ring, depending on how far apart the rings are, they should give you close to 14 inches movement in the elevation alone at 30 yards. By rotating one or both sets of the inserts per the instructions that come with them, you can also get your right to left zeroed at 35y. To move the impact to the right you can move the + side of the front insert to the right and / or the + side of the rear inserts to the left.

Reactions: Airgunmann
I am a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned Burris Signature rings as the solution. They offer up to 40 MOA of adjustment in any direction, not just up and down like other adjustable rings. You should be able to zero the gun at the desired range(35 yards?) and have some remaining elevation and windage movement left unused. Using the +/- 20 inserts in front and back with the plus side down in the front ring and the plus side up in the rear ring, depending on how far apart the rings are, they should give you close to 14 inches movement in the elevation alone at 30 yards. By rotating one or both sets of the inserts per the instructions that come with them, you can also get your right to left zeroed at 35y. To move the impact to the right you can move the + side of the front insert to the right and / or the + side of the rear inserts to the left.
Geezerhood,

The 35 yards was just the room I had available at the time. I played with it some and if I aim 10 moa below the dot, it hits about 1/2" below the dot. 9.5 MOA of adjustment.

I'll check out those mounts, thanks,

Smitty

Geezerhood,

The 35 yards was just the room I had available at the time. I played with it some and if I aim 10 moa below the dot, it hits about 1/2" below the dot. 9.5 MOA of adjustment.

I'll check out those mounts, thanks,

Smitty

You are welcome.

The Signature Zee rings in 1" and 30mm" work well on picatinny rails or with the small dovetail to Picatinny inserts on airgun rails. They make some I think with a dovetail clamping base on them but I don't know if they fit airgun bases. I use the Zee and the XTR versions.