• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

10 Meter Standing And Kneeling Postal Match ** Week 2 **

Here's week #2 of the standing and kneeling postal match. Hone those skills for the forced lanes. Everyone is welcome to enter. 

There will be a category for scopes (any and all) and also a category for peep/iron sights. 

Jackets, gloves and slings are allowed. You can shoot the card in as many increments as you want.

I suggest wad cutter pellets for cleaner (and bigger) holes and easier scoring. If you’re using dome pellets, be sure to push the pellet head into the hole for a more accurate (and better!) score. We’ll score up and not down. So for example, if any part of the pellet hole touches the next highest ring, you score it by that ring.

Honor system for scoring. This is really for fun and a way to hopefully get one to practice the postions for the forced lanes. 

Post a picture of your best card in any category by the end of the match period (usually one week). I'll keep 4 (standing/scope, standing/peep, kneeling/scope and kneeling/peep) running tallies of the scores for that match period on the initial post.

This match ends Sunday, December 13th at midnight EST.

Here’s the link for the target: https://www.craftygeek.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/A4_10m_Air_Rifle_Target.pdf

Chas

Standing/Scope Standing Peep/Iron

Greg 137 MMahoney 115

Gonzav71 135 Slow Turtle 100

Chas 130

Kneeling/Scope Kneeling Peep/Iron

Greg 145 MMahoney 106

Chas 140

Here's my best standing and kneeling cards for this week. Standing 130 Kneeling 140

RAW TM1000 Sightron SIII 10-50x60 RWS 7.0g wadcutter pellets 17.85 fpe

Off hand shooting is a trip. The slightest tension or slightest jerk in the triger finger and it's a 5 or a 6!

Chas

IMG_0010.1607892152.jpg
IMG_0011.1607892161.jpg

Here are my two targets for the week.

Thomas Carbine .177, March 8-80 set on 15X Stand, 25X kneel, RWS Meister 8.2 Wadcutters. Shooting jacket.

Note: I shot the Kneeling target after starting out to shoot offhand. After 5 shots I was sucking so I decided to try kneeling instead, but did not have another target at the time so I just reshot the bottom 5 bulls kneeling. It was very clear which was which. 137 standing, 145 kneeling. Thats about as good as I'm gonna do, I was lucky not to get any wild offhands.

IMG_0996.1607910451.jpeg
IMG_0995 2.1607910492.jpeg

Greg S

"after 5 shots I was sucking" Ha, you mean they all weren't 10"s! Nice shooting Greg. And Leo with a 135 with the Springer. You guys make me want to be a better shooter...😄

All in the black with peep sights... Well done Slow Turtle. I was looking at my 953 the other day and thinking I should get some peep sights for it. 

MMahoney, nice shooting with the red dot!!

Come on Mike. Let's see you post some scores. Get you butt off the bench!!!! 😁

Good shooting this week. Next match cards due on 12/20. 

Chas