10 meter off hand challenge

Lg1DI60.jpg

Time to shake off the cobwebs. Back to my regiment of shooting two 25 shot strings after dinner.

We have a car in for repairs for the next couple of weeks or so. It will make getting to the range tricky. I will be shooting in the 10 meter indoor range for a while. So I will use the time to work on pistol skills.

Pistol: Beeman P-17 .177
10 Meters indoors
Red dot
2-hand free standing
AA Field 8.4 grain
Score: 203 (Yes I need practice!)

20230510_155943[1].jpg

Reactions: Headshots
I have shot this target a lot but from my bench, so shooting from the standing position with my poor old eyes was quite the challenge. Used my Diana Chaser .177 cal with H&N Baracuda Power 10.65 pellets. The scope is a 1X Red Dot and up front is a Laser. I have to confess that I used the Laser on the upper left target then switched to the Red Dot.

ThomasT
View attachment 288494View attachment 288495
Nice custom chaser, debating on moding mine.

This challenge will make you cuss! Shooting older all steel Daisy 880 Powerline. .177 R 10 Match 8.2 gr.View attachment 371378
Haha, guess I’m new enough that I haven’t gotten cussing mad at a target...YET. Sometimes I put a lot of blue in the air from swearing at wind, though.

You did better than I did with my 197 score, which I did not post in here because it was done SITTING instead of standing. Also an 880 using open sights, but a new one. One of these days I hope to post a pic as a legitimate standing entry.

And I had to color in the 10 ring to see it better, too.

Reactions: Justplinknaround
I need to print some of your targets. A very good night last night. Have been training for about a year now. FWB 800X comp, Iron sights, Standing unsupported, H & N sport 8.18 wadcutter. May 19, 2023. View attachment 357851

Haha, guess I’m new enough that I haven’t gotten cussing mad at a target...YET. Sometimes I put a lot of blue in the air from swearing at wind, though.

You did better than I did with my 197 score, which I did not post in here because it was done SITTING instead of standing. Also an 880 using open sights, but a new one. One of these days I hope to post a pic as a legitimate standing entry.

And I had to color in the 10 ring to see it better, too.
My 880 has a cheap barska scope. Been shooting it for a while. I thought something was wrong with the gun initially, because my groupings were so big! Hahaha! Practice will shrink the group size, but I still jerk one everytime when the pressure is on!

Reactions: jetpopt
I know its an old thread but reading this got me thinking. I love to shoot off hand but generally shoot it with a peep sight. I can do better with a red dot but don't enjoy it as much that way. But, I have been trying to teach myself how to shoot well off hand with a scope. I didn't read every post carefully but I didn't see any mention of scopes. Any of you guys use a scope for shooting standing up? If so, what power do you use? Is more power better?

Reactions: drpietrzak
First post! Got a couple 2240XLs, one for me and one for the wife. Nothing but fun target shooting. I love a challenge, though. Not new to air rifles, had a Crosman pump BB gun when I was 14, 46 years ago :). As usual with all of my hobbies, I'l go deep down the rabbit hole. Love to learn new stuff! And to boost you sharpshooters' egos...the first target was from a rest, the other off hand. This is really hard! Cheers! Rick
IMG_5142.jpg