10 meter off hand challenge

Timing the wobble. I need to pull the trigger when the sight picture is correct. But I don’t sometimes. There are a few here that got away.

I used a different target as I can’t see the one youall were using @10m.
HW30, Meisters 7.0, 10m, standing, 225

I say, let's start another thread for this target with iron sights. I might still be able to pull off a decent target with them. (A few years ago I was faced with adding a rear diopter to my service rifle for high power or going match rifle. Right about then CMP & NRA started allowing up to a 4.5x scope for service rifle and I finally switched. I was the last one at my home range to switch to a scope.)

Well, I guess I need to practice a little more. Three guns, three targets. First target had a hard time seeing bulls, guessed at their location little 4x scope wasn't much help. Second one was with iron sights. Third and best was with powerline scope at 6x. I could occasionally focus and read the numbers.

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

I can relate guys ...
Just shot a Long Range Silhouette match yesterday ... 40/ 60/ 77/ 100 meters all shot OFFHAND.

Insanely difficult and honestly IMO not that much fun 😬
The hardest match I ever shot/hosted was an air rifle silhouette match. IIRC, it only went out to 45 yards or so but it haunts everyone who shot it to this day. At other matches people still just shake their heads when they talk about it.

This is fun AND challenging. My interest is mostly silhouette and I really like the feedback of the target falling over. However, one of my favorite sayings is, “ numbers don’t lie”. So true with this challenge. If I could only bottle up what happened on the top right target!!!

View attachment 307607
Hello @Welldone

That target shooting was "welldone", sorry I could not help myself ;). I think everybody wish they could shoot that pattern you did in the upper right. However you shot every target very well.

ThomasT

Reactions: UncleB
Forgot about the .177 Diana Chaser. Got it out tonight and shot a round. A bit rusty with the offhand. Man those targets are hard to see. Total miss on the first (top left) target. Fourth target (bottom left) was best with 2 in ten ring.

Nice way to finish out the Holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

39421292-86E7-486F-B0CB-F5CE414BE56B.jpeg

B9C10038-12B9-4955-92AA-4CA7FF4DFF99.jpeg

I tried this a while back and am at home so only have a 10 meter range today. I shot this off 2-handed off-hand with Beeman P17 using AA Field 8.4. Red dot sight.

These targets are really hard to see for this old trifocal man. I have trouble telling where the center is in the bull.

20221126_133916.jpg

These targets are really hard to see for this old trifocal man. I have trouble telling where the center is in the bull.

Even with the 4x scope, I'm pretty much centering the reticle on the blurry smudge.... Eyes just aren't what they used to be. (No focus on the scope doesn't help.)