10 meter off hand challenge

You did fine... Keep doing it, it gets better. I just came up from the basement and shot two rounds ... I find it very "Zen" like.
I have 5 magazines and load each to 5, so I have to unshoulder the gun and reload. Take a breath, relax, then shoulder the gun and shoot the next 5.
My personnel best so far is 235...

I'll get into the 240's or die trying....

Can I join you guys?

Haven’t tried to shoot offhand for years. I remember why now. I’m terrible at off hand. 😕
Started out ok on the first target by putting three in the same hole in the 8 ring (at least I was consistent) followed up with a bull (that’s more like it)… but then… duh! 🤬
Targets 2-4 doing pretty good (maybe this isn’t so bad) but then… well let’s not talk about target 5 ok🙄

View attachment 292837
Welcome, this is a fun challenge good shooting

Had time to sneak in one target with the new toy I got last week so decided to try this. I hope putting some red in the center doesn’t violate the spirit of the rules but with open sights or a 1x red dot like I used it’s the only way I can see the dang center! Can’t see the other rings but don’t care about those ha ha. Played around with holds a little. Bottom right hold is obviously NOT a keeper :sneaky:. Need to get some card stock, Kim and I had to pore over the target to count. Fun challenge, thanks for posting.

0B120D32-CBC1-4651-A346-6A228DF131E8.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Had time to sneak in one target with the new toy I got last week so decided to try this. I hope putting some red in the center doesn’t violate the spirit of the rules but with open sights or a 1x red dot like I used it’s the only way I can see the dang center! Can’t see the other rings but don’t care about those ha ha. Played around with holds a little. Bottom right hold is obviously NOT a keeper :sneaky:. Need to get some card stock, Kim and I had to pore over the target to count. Fun challenge, thanks for posting.

View attachment 294683
That is some good shooting under the conditions.
ThomasT

Instead of my usual SR reduced to 10 meters, I gave this one a try today:

IMG_20221007_113306.jpg

Conditions were outdoor overcast, slight wind to the right on second half of second card. Scope is a no name 4x duplex. Upper is Crosman MAR-177. Lower is my regular High Power lower with Geiselle two stage NM Service Rifle trigger (about 4.75 lbs.)

I'd like to know what kind of jinx is on that middle bull that makes me pull an eight at 12 o'clock. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Wind blowing way too hard to shoot on my 25 or 50 yard targets today so I decided to take out my frustrations on shooting some 10-Meter. My 10-meter target is pretty much protected from the wind and I was able to shoot 5-targets today and my best score was 214 which equals my best previous score. I used my Diana Chaser again but have installed a Hawke 4-12x40 scope, this make a pretty good combination.

ThomasT
Diana Chaser 214.jpg
Chaser - Hawke.jpg

You could do either, I tried to do it with my P-17 pistol and irons, but I could not make out the circles on the 5 targets at 10meters.
Yeah it’s dang near impossible with open sights or 1X optic. That’s why I put some red marker in the bull when I did it. Still can see the rings but it’s better.

• Love
Yeah it’s dang near impossible with open sights or 1X optic. That’s why I put some red marker in the bull when I did it. Still can see the rings but it’s better.
Yep, that is why I took the Red Dot off and installed the scope. However at my age even with the scope it is like trying to shoot a bird in flight :D , with all that movement. Hey shooting targets is still a lot of fun, no matter.

ThomasT

Gave it another go Friday and shot my best score, a 244. And then I shot my worst score, a 233. Had fun anyway, it's nice to have a challenge my 10 meter gun is good for. Overcast again and getting chilly but no wind.

View attachment 297966
Good shooting on both cards (y)

ThomasT

Reactions: AlanR