Crosman 10 Meter Match-quality barrel for the Crosman 2240?

Hey folks. I just got an Air Venturi V10, but that doesn't mean I stopped liking my other air guns. I've got a rail & red dot coming for my Crosman 2240 as well, and have a curiosity question. Does someone make a 7.5" (or 8.26" like the V10) barrel for the 2240 that would be considered 10 Meter Match-worthy? (By that, I really mean just something capable of making 1/4" groups at 10 meters.) I don't want a looooooong barrel, the factory length is plenty long for me on that pistol. If they can make a Match-worthy barrel for the Air Venturi V10, then why not for the 2240? But I haven't seen that exact conversation take place.

Roy, Mountain Air will make a LW barrel of any length in cal of .177, .20, .22, or .25. That won’t make a Crosman a match pistol though.
here’s my MA 2040
Deadly accurate with .20 FTT’s

IMG_3974.jpeg

IMG_3973.jpeg

Always wanted to find a nice / needs work ,
Sheridan .20 or .22 and put an LW barrel in it . just for kicks 😎
I've got a Benjamin-Sheridan E9 from the early 1990's. I guess it's equivalent to the EB22 - I can't ever find the "E9 Series" mentioned online, which is what mine says. I've spent many, many hours in the backyard plinking with that thing. It's pretty darned accurate as it is. Before the internet got big, I found one at a gun store and was so proud and thrilled to get it. And now I find that it's considered heirloom quality, lol. Guess I'll be getting a seal job done on it!

I've got a Benjamin-Sheridan E9 from the early 1990's. I guess it's equivalent to the EB22 - I can't ever find the "E9 Series" mentioned online, which is what mine says. I've spent many, many hours in the backyard plinking with that thing. It's pretty darned accurate as it is. Before the internet got big, I found one at a gun store and was so proud and thrilled to get it. And now I find that it's considered heirloom quality, lol. Guess I'll be getting a seal job done on i

The blank from LW is $150. Plus freight. Roy mills them and blues them. Doesn’t sound too bad to me.
The LW barrel from crosman is around 50 dollars. Just need to find someone that can cut, re-choke, and crown. Sadly the person that did mine is no longer with us. My 1322 has a 7.6" one that used to be a 14.5"

And honestly I'm not sure a choke is even needed. I'm pretty certain a custom one won't have one. Most people don't put chokes on them. Also every LW barrel I've seen was extremely uniform, so likely a choke is not needed.

Has integrated mod, so barrel stops half way down the shroud.

1000007061.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Toolman and bf1956
The LW barrel from crosman is around 50 dollars. Just need to find someone that can cut, re-choke, and crown. Sadly the person that did mine is no longer with us. My 1322 has a 7.6" one that used to be a 14.5"

And honestly I'm not sure a choke is even needed. I'm pretty certain a custom one won't have one. Most people don't put chokes on them. Also every LW barrel I've seen was extremely uniform, so likely a choke is not needed.

Has integrated mod, so barrel stops half way down the shroud.

View attachment 448744
Yes the LW barrel from the custom shop is about $60. But, in order to get that price you have to pay $100. More for the base pistol. Tricky, huh.

IMG_3986.png

Yes the LW barrel from the custom shop is about $60. But, in order to get that price you have to pay $100. More for the base pistol. Tricky, huh.

View attachment 448851
Not if you have the part number and call them directly. But as of the past few yrs it's been harder to order them like that. But in any case, it's how my two were ordered.

Other 1322 has the full length 14.5"

Barrel part number for the lw .22 14.5" is P1300-116
1000007098.jpg

Last edited: