• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1" Burris Signature Rings

I don’t have these particular Burris rings but what I’m about to say is something true in general of mounts with reversible plates for 3/8” or 11mm rails.

Compare the angle of the tooth. One will be at 45 degrees. The other will be noticeably shallower...that one is a 60 degree angle.

The 45 is for a 3/8” rail. The 60 is for an 11mm rail.

If you are unsure of what rail is on your gun, you can measure across it with calipers. A 3/8” rail will measure 12-13mm across the widest part. An 11mm rail will measure very close to 11mm.

BTW, as long as the mount clamps securely to the rail, the difference is immaterial provided you orient the scope’s reticle in line with the bore and then hold the gun so the reticle is plumb/level.

I don’t have these particular Burris rings but what I’m about to say is something true in general of mounts with reversible plates for 3/8” or 11mm rails.

Compare the angle of the tooth. One will be at 45 degrees. The other will be noticeably shallower...that one is a 60 degree angle.

If you are unsure of what rail is on your gun, you can measure across it with calipers. A 3/8” rail will measure 12-13mm across the widest part. An 11mm rail will measure very close to 11mm.

BTW, as long as the mount clamps securely to the rail, the difference is immaterial provided you orient the scope’s reticle in line with the bore and then hold the gun so the reticle is plumb/level.

Thanks. I can tell which one is a 45 for sure making it easy to tell the 60 for my 11mm dovetail.

ABOUT mounts with reversible plates for 3/8” or 11mm rails:

Compare the angle of the tooth. One will be at 45 degrees. The other will be noticeably shallower... that one is a 60 degree angle.

Just learned something new today.
From you, nervoustrig.
The new decade starts off well! 👍🏼

Had no idea that some scope mounts can have reversible "teeth" or jaws — and that the steeper 45º angle of those jaws is for 3/8" rails, the shallower 60º angle for 11mm rails.

THANKS! That might just fix my scope mounting problem I have with a new adapter rail! 😊

Matthias