1-6x24 10 yards Parallax SF

It honestly is a GREAT scope for airguns, shockingly good glass too for the money on top of having parallax adjustment which is super rare. I used it for a while but I sold it because it's a tad heavy for me and I don't really need the 10 yard parallax. But for those who use it to shoot rats close or want to add a clip on NV for close shots it is fantastic.

Reactions: Nutcracker
I picked up two of these (illuminated) back in late 2020 for $200 each. Given inflation since then the price @Nutcracker mentions is great. For what it is worth, the illuminated was less expensive compared to non-illuminated back then as well.

I do like them and have one mounted on my main Leshiy Classic pest rifle and the other on my L2.

However, some sort of negative comments in case people are considering these.

1) With the diopter adjusted for a clear reticle at 6x, the 1x image is well below a true 1x and does not provide a great both eye open, 1x shooting experience. Very much like looking through a tube and the reduced image size is distracting. Also bad fish eye on 1x.

2) Just a thin cross-hair reticle.

3) Capped turrets that I would not want to dial in a hunting environment. Hard for me to get distinct, individual clicks.

One the other hand the glass is good and the scope has a forgiving depth of field. I had a March SFP 1-10x24 Compact that had a very narrow depth of field. Never used it for hunting but I'm certain the DOF would have been too unforgiving for me.

I picked up two of these (illuminated) back in late 2020 for $200 each. Given inflation since then the price @Nutcracker mentions is great. For what it is worth, the illuminated was less expensive compared to non-illuminated back then as well.

I do like them and have one mounted on my main Leshiy Classic pest rifle and the other on my L2.

However, some sort of negative comments in case people are considering these.

1) With the diopter adjusted for a clear reticle at 6x, the 1x image is well below a true 1x and does not provide a great both eye open, 1x shooting experience. Very much like looking through a tube and the reduced image size is distracting. Also bad fish eye on 1x.

2) Just a thin cross-hair reticle.

3) Capped turrets that I would not want to dial in a hunting environment. Hard for me to get distinct, individual clicks.

One the other hand the glass is good and the scope has a forgiving depth of field. I had a March SFP 1-10x24 Compact that had a very narrow depth of field. Never used it for hunting but I'm certain the DOF would have been too unforgiving for me.

Great points! The reticle is thin but the illumination is quite good to help with that. The duplex is a challenge for me also, it's hard to do hold over with it but I didn't need to shoot far with it. Also the 1X performance is poor but personally I never used it at 1X. Although that defeats the purpose of a LPVO but no one is clearing a room with a 11FPE 177 airgun! LOL

For the money and pesting under 30-40 yards it's really hard to beat!

Great points! The reticle is thin but the illumination is quite good to help with that. The duplex is a challenge for me also, it's hard to do hold over with it but I didn't need to shoot far with it. Also the 1X performance is poor but personally I never used it at 1X. Although that defeats the purpose of a LPVO but no one is clearing a room with a 11FPE 177 airgun! LOL

For the money and pesting under 30-40 yards it's really hard to beat!

I don't believe the reticle is even a true duplex given it doesn't have wider outer stadia of a known thickness. But I might be wrong about that.

Ideally I'd have a true 1x on my L2 & preferably through a scope & not an offset prism or red dot. Obviously not clearing rooms as you say but it is nice for plinking cans with both eyes open. But I'm just being picky in that case.

But back to the Stryka, great option for those who practice indoors at close ranges & want to dial the power down. Don't really need the side focus in that case but you can then crank the power back up & see holes in your targets. That's where having the focus really helps.

I imagine for dry fire practice as well but I don't have any experience with that.

i use a 1-10x lpvo on my L2, and the 1x is pretty darn close, but the parallax is fixed at 50yds,
i use a high mount for both eyes open plinking at 1x, which is fine at any distance. you can't use 10x at 10yds (but why would i?).
if you're really looking for utmost accuracy it isn't a good solution because there could still be some parallax shift, even if it looks clear to you.

i use a 1-10x lpvo on my L2, and the 1x is pretty darn close, but the parallax is fixed at 50yds,
i use a high mount for both eyes open plinking at 1x, which is fine at any distance. you can't use 10x at 10yds (but why would i?).
if you're really looking for utmost accuracy it isn't a good solution because there could still be some parallax shift, even if it looks clear to you.

Don't you use the Swampfox 1-10x24?

I'm only finding one of their 1-4x24 scopes with 50 yard parallax? Or did you adjust it?

Don't you use the Swampfox 1-10x24?

Am I only finding one of their 1-4x24 scopes with 50-yard parallax. Or did you adjust it?
You can't adjust the Swampfox; I had one. I recently got a 1-8 x 24 Vector Optic Continental w/ illuminated dot.( on sale for 390.00). It's easy to remove the objective lens end cap to adjust parallax. But their other line of LPVO scopes are not. I also have a 1-6x24 Continental with fiber dot; I was afraid to adjust because I am unsure if the fiber optic thingy inside the scope may be touching the front lens; I doubt it, but I do not want to ruin it ( yet). Their Continental line is excellent glass IMO. The funny thing is I have one of their cheap 1-6x24 fiber optic LPVO, & it has the least noticeable parallax error at close range of any scope I have looked through. It can't be adjusted, but I don't think it needs it. I think I got it on sale for $113.00 Thick Ret, but daylight bright dot. It's lighter than their other LPVO scopes.
https://vector2007.com/collections/...ts/continental-x8-1-8x24-sfp-hunting-scope-ed

Reactions: Scouty
You can't adjust the Swampfox; I had one. I recently got a 1-8 x 24 Vector Optic Continental w/ illuminated dot.( on sale for 390.00). It's easy to remove the objective lens end cap to adjust parallax. But their other line of LPVO scopes are not. I also have a 1-6x24 Continental with fiber dot; I was afraid to adjust because I am unsure if the fiber optic thingy inside the scope may be touching the front lens; I doubt it, but I do not want to ruin it ( yet). Their Continental line is excellent glass IMO. The funny thing is I have one of their cheap 1-6x24 fiber optic LPVO, & it has the least noticeable parallax error at close range of any scope I have looked through. It can't be adjusted, but I don't think it needs it. I think I got it on sale for $113.00 Thick Ret, but daylight bright dot. It's lighter than their other LPVO scopes.
https://vector2007.com/collections/...ts/continental-x8-1-8x24-sfp-hunting-scope-ed

I have an Athlon 1-8x24 that appears to be impossible to adjust. No separate front cap much less a slotted lens carrier. Maybe some basic construction as the Swampfox, I don't know.

Along the lines of the rest of your post, I have two AIM Alpha 6 LPVOs that have barely detectable parallax shift at any distance inside of 100 yards. I have looked through them back to back with other much more expensive LPVOs & can't duplicate the parallax shift I can with others.

As I recall I did adjust one of them based purely on focus & that was also difficult to distinguish. I probably would have to go look at a target in my basement range to even figure out which one was adjusted.

I remember when these were going for around 500 bucks. It's hard to find any LPVO with side focus at any price, let alone 225 bucks. Probably Closeout Sale. The glass is decent, and the ret. is thin but is illuminated.
Nutcracker,

Thanks for the link!!! I think I got the last one. It said only 1 in stock, but that is also used as a marketing trick sometimes. Any mount recommendations for picatinny?

@ Huncoyboy, Thats cool. Let us know how you like it. Just a decent set of 30 mm rings that is the height that suits you. With the small objective, I usually mount LPVOs low. I like keeping my scopes as close to the bore as possible, but sometimes, due to cheek rest, etc., that is not possible.
Thanks! I am the same. I try to keep the center of the optics as close as possible to the barrel.

I got the scope two weeks ago but it took until today to try it.

One question: It seams it takes an extremely high amount of clicks to move the reticle. It say 1 click is 1/4 MOA. Out of the box on the impact it shot around 6 inches right and 3-4 up at 20 yards. It took me a LOT of clicking to get it centered. (I did level the scope.)

At the price I got it ($225) this is a very nice unit. It does not feel cheap in any ways. 1x does have a fisheye effect but I am totally fine with that. It does not annoy me actually.

At 20 yards, it is going to take a lot of clicks. 1/4 MOA adjustment. 4 clicks to move it one inch at 100 yards & It would take 16 clicks at 25 yards to move it one inch. So to move it 6 inches at 20 yards is going to be a lot of clicking. (16x6=96 clicks to move it 6 inches at 25 yards.)

Yeah, it is not a bad scope at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huncowboy