• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

0db felt... pull it?

Anyone's 0db poking felt hairs into the chamber? Mine has some after just 10 shots from new out the box (counted 4 fiber strings so far) (was able to focus one of em for pic). My donnyfl's all did this until the whole felt completely blew. I pulled them all out afterwards. But maybe this is normal for 0db...? Should I pull the felt like I did my donny's?
20230609_182846.jpg

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I also have a couple 0db moderators with one on a .30 and the other on a .25 but have no felt issues with mine. But I got them when they first came out, hopefully this isn’t a quality control issue as they have been around for a while now. Anyways I’d use a bbq lighter to burn ends off.
Good to know, because I was thinking that it couldn't handle the FPE of the .30 cal. Maybe I can "blow" these out in some way and then it'll all stop.
The hairs are in the "middle" of the tube length so I can't reach them with the singe.

Interesting. So with the ones that are deep in the mid-area of the tube, how do you reach them for singe??? Stick a match down the tube???
No. You tape up one end. Use your lighter to squirt a charge of butane down into the moderator (remembering that it is heavier than air) and then you give it a spark. You get a nice satisfying "POP" and all the fuzzies are gone. No really, that's how I do it.

Edit: Mind you, take the tape off before igniting. That butane needs the vent holes.

Reactions: KratosTM
No. You tape up one end. Use your lighter to squirt a charge of butane down into the moderator (remembering that it is heavier than air) and then you give it a spark. You get a nice satisfying "POP" and all the fuzzies are gone. No really, that's how I do it.

Edit: Mind you, take the tape off before igniting. That butane needs the vent holes.

Nice. I think I'll try it, lol.

Reactions: OldSpook