• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.058 MOA at 100 All Day Long…..

‘They’ are any competition that will change the rules to limit unlimited air rifles of any make. Sorry. I thought that was obvious.
Well of course that was obvious. So, who has done this? My point was in the circles I run in (and most of the AGN members participate in); it hasn't happened...

The key word is “will”. As in future tense. You seem to be sensitive about this (?)

(edit) Niksch already noted above that 22LR real Benchrest excludes air rifles.
Not really, but are you? Hadn't heard it before and was curious. I'm sure that's allowed without criticism.
PS, I have nothing but respect and admiration for what Mike and Thomas Airguns have accomplished in such a short time. His benchrest slug guns are the pinnacle of airgun accuracy. Perhaps my comments gave you the wrong idea and you were offended? That certainly wasn't my intention.

Last edited:
Spread sheet is attached if anyone wants to check the math.
World class shooting there.
View attachment 345284

View attachment 345285
In case anyone is wondering, that CHITEST supports the assertion that something caused the larger groups which was not normal (wind got you Mike) the rifle was shooting so much better than those big groups that it shows up on the CHI Square test as unusual. That is to say there is a high probability that those groups are not normal for the other groups you shot (again the wind got you on the big groups) the rifle did not throw filers. Statistically that rifle with that ammo under those conditions is a half minute rifle +/- a quarter minute. Indoors it would likely be better than a half minute. CHITEST suggests indoors it would be doing a quarter minute +/- an eight, unless ammo is throwing you off more than it looks. Still ugly though 😜😁

Last edited:
Old spook…I don’t know what that means, to be honest. I don’t get too deep into analysis, though. After tuning for the best groups I can get…I go on to shooting for score. The scores show me what I need to know.

I predict that there will be a rule change that will only concern my guns or shooters of my guns in EBR or it’s ilk this year or shortly after this season. It’s perfectly legal right now…but it won’t be for long. If I’m wrong I’ll be absolutely shocked. Time will tell.

Nobody cares what you do as long as you’re not winning anything. Matter of fact, most guys will make fun of something or somebody doing something unusual if it’s not winning….but start becoming successful with the same items and those same guys will cry a river about fairness. It’s actually fun to witness for the most part.

Mike

Old spook…I don’t know what that means, to be honest. I don’t get too deep into analysis, though. After tuning for the best groups I can get…I go on to shooting for score. The scores show me what I need to know.

I predict that there will be a rule change that will only concern my guns or shooters of my guns in EBR or it’s ilk this year or shortly after this season. It’s perfectly legal right now…but it won’t be for long. If I’m wrong I’ll be absolutely shocked. Time will tell.

Nobody cares what you do as long as you’re not winning anything. Matter of fact, most guys will make fun of something or somebody doing something unusual if it’s not winning….but start becoming successful with the same items and those same guys will cry a river about fairness. It’s actually fun to witness for the most part.

Mike
I think an airgun banned in EBR suggests that it maybe a good shooter ..... and folks maybe happy owning it:).
That's one hell of an endorsement for future sales(y).

SNIP -I'm wondering who "they" are that are scared? Certainly, none of the competitions that I shoot, but then I shoot 100Y BR (pellets), Extreme FT (pellets or slugs), and NRL-22 (slugs).
Centercut,
Hell you just claimed you shoot the competition, I'd be scared you run out of competitors that way. Well that's how I'd win a competition, shoot the competitors. :ROFLMAO:

Thomasair,
Nice work on your slug rifle.

Smitty

I think an airgun banned in EBR suggests that it maybe a good shooter ..... and folks maybe happy owning it:).
That's one hell of an endorsement for future sales(y).
Looks like a good promo for said Airgun, since one won EBR last year.
Banned?
Now that’s funny, I don’t care who you are…. 🤪

Reactions: jdwarren
Big companies with unlimited resources, manpower, and influence don’t want to be upstaged by a solitary guy working out of his garage pulling down 75k a year
They are lacking two things. IQ and the power of will to perform R&D in a very patient way. Usually they want to sell everything, either it should land in a trash or not.

I believe you researched other barrels like FX Superior Heavy liners which are designed to shoot slugs. My experience with them is that they are very inconsistent from one liner to another. Uneven crowns, bent liners, loose and tight spots in the bore and bore cracking. I think you agree that making the rifling from the outside cannot be a repeatable.

Reactions: Joef and mrozoo