• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.058 MOA at 100 All Day Long…..

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
This is just another comparison of group vs reality like my other thread. The only real difference is that this one is at 100y.

35 4 shot groups at 100y.
140 shots Average MOA .477
Smallest group .058 MOA
Wind started out around 4-6 but by the end of the 3rd row it was gusting up to 13. Not the best day to test. Had 1 flyer.

Once again, the smallest group is about 10x smaller than the average.

Here’s the a paper about the 4 shot groups again if you didn’t read it before.

Mike
66B20FE4-C9AD-4EA1-96AF-AD85A810E2A0.jpeg
2ACF4364-78E0-44C6-B2E9-6B3D1E8C2580.jpeg

Mike makes custom airguns with custom everything - slugs included. He's figured everything out on his own.
He's not going to spill the beans to the competition;).
I’m pretty sure any shooter that can compete with Mike is very familiar with all the specs of the Thomas Slug gun, twist rate included, being that they know and compete against guys who use them. I’m no competitor and I’m not friends with anyone who owns a Thomas so the only way I can find out is to ASK. You know the thing you do when you want to find out about something you’re interested in😉

Legion air….as of today there are zero slug air rifles that have been able to compete with mine.

My competition is unlimited Rimfire BR guns. Unlimited Rimfire guns have been the baddest boys on the 50y BR planet for decades.

This will be our third season of National 50 BR. The pro class in N50 was created to allow unlimited Rimfire to shoot head to head with air…since air is not allowed at unlimited Rimfire events. We didn’t make up a class and exclude everything that could beat an airgun….we welcomed them. Unlimited Rimfire guns make up the bulk of the Pro class. The only air rifle capable of shooting with them and winning is a Thomas slug gun.

The sportsman class is a tier below Pro. It allows any factory made Rimfire gun or factory made air rifle to compete. This would be the perfect place for any of the slug guns you see on the forum. The problem is that none of them have yet been able to demonstrate that they can be competitive. Many slug shooters that boast and post pictures of solitary good groups have tried, only to be beaten by 30-50 points per match. Despite the wind advantage of approximately 3-4x of todays factory produced slug gun…pellet guns are still the top performers against factory Rimfire in N50.

My posts like this one have been to shine a little light on the forum darkness. In my case…my single best groups of any session are about 10x smaller than my average group. That’s an important thing to understand when you see single groups or cherry picked groups posted on the forum.

Single groups or cherry picked groups are meaningless when evaluating a gun for competition worthiness.

To answer your twist question…I use the best Rimfire barrels in the world. Shilen and Muller. They are 1-16.

Mike

Last edited:
Legion Air….Lou is not talking about you. He’s talking about me.

The reference was made because many of the contests created for air rifles seek to exclude my guns or specific things my guns use. The unlimited class just created for the wrabf world championships is a good example of very limited “unlimited” BR. So be it.

Big companies with unlimited resources, manpower, and influence don’t want to be upstaged by a solitary guy working out of his garage pulling down 75k a year. 😀

Mike

Legion air….as of today there are zero slug air rifles that have been able to compete with mine.

My competition is unlimited Rimfire BR guns. Unlimited Rimfire guns have been the baddest boys on the 50y BR planet for decades.

This will be our third season of National 50 BR. The pro class in N50 was created to allow unlimited Rimfire to shoot head to head with air…since air is not allowed at unlimited Rimfire events. We didn’t make up a class and exclude everything that could beat an airgun….we welcomed them. Unlimited Rimfire guns make up the bulk of the Pro class. The only air rifle capable of shooting with them and winning is a Thomas slug gun.

The sportsman class is a tier below Pro. It allows any factory made Rimfire gun or factory made air rifle to compete. This would be the perfect place for any of the slug guns you see on the forum. The problem is that none of them have yet been able to demonstrate that they can be competitive. Many slug shooters that boast and post pictures of solitary good groups have tried, only to be beaten by 30-50 points per match. Despite the wind advantage of approximately 3-4x of todays factory produced slug gun…pellet guns are still the top performers against factory Rimfire in N50.

My posts like this one have been to shine a little light on the forum darkness. In my case…my single best groups of any session are about 10x smaller than my average group. That’s an important thing to understand when you see single groups posted on the forum.

Single groups are meaningless when evaluating a gun for competition worthiness.

To answer your twist question…I use the best Rimfire barrels in the world. Shilen and Muller. They are 1-16.

Mike
Thanks for the insight into 50y benchrest and the barrel.

Reactions: thomasair
Legion Air….Lou is not talking about you. He’s talking about me.

The reference was made because many of the contests created for air rifles seek to exclude my guns or specific things my guns use. The unlimited class just created for the wrabf world championships is a good example of very limited “unlimited” BR. So be it.

Big companies with unlimited resources, manpower, and influence don’t want to be upstaged by a solitary guy working out of his garage pulling down 75k a year. 😀

Mike
Well then my bad.. it’s still funny.. them limiting an “unlimited event”. Being scared of one guy working out of a garage. Well I guess airguns and rock bands have that in common. The best ones come out of a garage. From perusing this forum I’ve seen how accurate your gun is but I had no idea it’s THEE most accurate. No wonder they’re scared😂

Mike, just a few weeks ago I was telling some friends on a group text that there didn't exist a sub MOA "all day long" pcp air rifle yet at 100Y.
I happily withdraw my nonfactual statement :D

After shooting your BR slug gun very briefly at 50Y and getting my first N50//250 I can certainly see this 100Y feat happening with you at the trigger!
I didn't shoot your gun at 100Y but I assumed it would be more like a "just over MOA "all day long". Wow nearly half that size and in the wind.

Well then my bad.. it’s still funny.. them limiting an “unlimited event”. Being scared of one guy working out of a garage. Well I guess airguns and rock bands have that in common. The best ones come out of a garage. From perusing this forum I’ve seen how accurate your gun is but I had no idea it’s THEE most accurate. No wonder they’re scared😂
Good points and amazing accuracy. I'm wondering who "they" are that are scared? Certainly, none of the competitions that I shoot, but then I shoot 100Y BR (pellets), Extreme FT (pellets or slugs), and NRL-22 (slugs). None of the rules in those were changed to exclude any of Mike's guns. Yes, Extreme FT requires "commercially available mass produced" ammo, but that rule was in place prior to the advent of the Thomas HP slug guns.
So, who is they? I'm interested...

Reactions: Stone02