• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

0.22 vs 0.25, change of mind ?

My 22 streamline shoots them really well at 45 yards. I didn't chrono them, but they were probably well under 800 FPS since I'm at 870 FPS with 18.1 JSB. I didn't notice a wobble, but wasn't really watching for it either. I have a HUMA reg to install and was tempted to see how fast I could push them. I would probably have a dismal shot count though! If you want power stick to the 25

"Centercut"My bet is that Ted shoots .22 at EBR this year. Just a feeling... Monsters have BC equivalent to .25 Mk2, plus can be shot 100 FPS faster. I am assuming that the STX barrel performs as well as LW Poly barrel with the new Monsters?
Can someone provide thoughts on the extent to which a pellet with same BC and accuracy potential but ability to be shot 100 fps faster would prove more beneficial in competition and long range hunting.

"Centercut"My bet is that Ted shoots .22 at EBR this year. Just a feeling... Monsters have BC equivalent to .25 Mk2, plus can be shot 100 FPS faster. I am assuming that the STX barrel performs as well as LW Poly barrel with the new Monsters?
Unless I miss my guess, he'll be shooting the JSB in .22, but shooting the 34 grain. I have a couple tins, but just haven't had time to work with them. My Marauder in .22 throws the 24 grain at about 830fps, and it seems to shoot well, but I just haven't spent the time on the 34 grain yet.

Having just purchased an Impact in .25, I think I will buy the .22 X Barrel, and yes, I will be reverting to the .22 as the BC is better than a .25. Won't be this week, but I will eventually purchase the barrel kit and mag. 

I Love the progress in the field of Air Guns!

Here is my group from Huben K1 shooting MOnster Redesigned at 920 fps, distance 35 yards. Huben can push them up to supersonic, but they lose stability.
In my opinion .22 cal is much better than .25.

1529305444_128056875b2759649275f2.28640244_IMG_3125.JPG

"stoti"All factors like the BC being the same, it's as simple as this... faster pellets are in the air for less time and thus have less time to drop or be affected by wind.
Hang time has no effect on wind drift. If you shoot a high BC pellet at slow speed followed by a low BC pellet at high speed, first pellet will still deflect less in the wind compared to second pellet.

I agree with @stoti, and with @bluestone, and the statement is backed up by both ChairGun and Strelok Pro. Input the same pellet with same BC, one at 950 FPS and the other at 550 FPS. Input a 15 mph cross wind at 100 yards. See how much windage each tells you to hold off. They agree with Stoti and Bluestone. 

"lipsztyk"Here is my group from Huben K1 shooting MOnster Redesigned at 920 fps, distance 35 yards. Huben can push them up to supersonic, but they lose stability.
In my opinion .22 cal is much better than .25.
1529305444_128056875b2759649275f2.28640244_IMG_3125.JPG
If thats as good as they shoot at 35 yards I wouldnt shoot them. Maybe try dropping that velocity below 900 fps. As far as the question goes I have .22 and .25 cal airguns and I will keep both and use them for different situations.