Reply To: Are Lead Pellets "Non-Toxic"?

Forums Hunting Are Lead Pellets "Non-Toxic"? Reply To: Are Lead Pellets "Non-Toxic"?

Link

Mr.Gadgets
Participant
Member

The non-toxic steel shot  in shotgun shells, used in sensitive areas such as wetlands is because the wildlife would pick it up and eat it, especially birds.  Lead was also removed from paint, because babies were chewing on it and getting sick.
I too remember stupid things we did as kids, who didn’t know any better.  We used to rub mercury (from broken thermometers) onto pennies, between our fingers to make them silver and look like dimes.  I’m also in my 60’s and OK, just lucky I guess.