Reply To: Vote: .20 cal Air Ranger Vs .30 cal RAW for squirrel tournament
Forums › Hunting › Vote: .20 cal Air Ranger Vs .30 cal RAW for squirrel tournament › Reply To: Vote: .20 cal Air Ranger Vs .30 cal RAW for squirrel tournament
Owning a .30 RAW myself, I gotta go with the RAW. A couple reasons:
1) Working range for squirrels is at least 100 yards. Your scope will handle that so you have a much larger zone than the .20 would.
2) While a practical toss-up to 50 yards, the RAW maintains that accuracy (minute of squirrel) with more than enough energy for at least double that.
3) What could be a wound for the .20 would more likely be a kill for the .30 caliber.
If you go with the .20, you have this going for you:
1) If you lose, you can blame it on the gun.
2) You can bang it up without shedding any tears.
3) Nobody is going to ask to take any test shots with it.