Reply To: Notification of Modified post – PM or other alert for MODs & ADMINs editing post
Forums › Forum Rules, Info, & Feedback › Notification of Modified post – PM or other alert for MODs & ADMINs editing post › Reply To: Notification of Modified post – PM or other alert for MODs & ADMINs editing post
Our moderators made a decision to remove some of your posts. They cited rule # 1
Before you post or reply, ask yourself, “Is my post going to be: constructive, insightful, or helpful in advancing the airgun community?”
1. The picture of your pickup truck had absolutely nothing to do with the topic Ted started about how certain individuals have tried to infiltrate our forum, or how the forum is run.
2. The picture you posted of the little girl getting tranquilized with a large dart (although humorous to some) was not humorous to the members that flagged your picture as inappropriate.
I stand behind the moderators decisions to hide those. And yes, you are correct, we do not have an “off topics” section.
3. I did not get to see the video links that were removed. But the moderator cited that it was not related to airguns. Feel free to add the video links back into the LDC discussion. If they were insightful and helpful, then they should not have been removed.
4. Early on we decided to only allow users to edit their posts for a limited amount of time. We will discuss the Pro’s & Con’s of allowing a complete deletion.
5. As Ted stated we will look into Tapatalk.
6. For some reasons the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” has stopped working, we will look into this.
7. I see several problem with a PM being sent to a user asking them to correct an infraction. What if they don’t respond? What if they don’t correct it accordingly? What if the user continues to disagree with the moderators decision? How many times should a moderator try to explain why they made a decision? How much time should a moderator spend going back and forth with the user? On and on.
Thank you for the constructive criticism.