Reply To: TX200: second impressions (first impressions w/Vortek 12 FPE kit)

Forums Springers, Pumpers, C02, & Vintage TX200: second impressions (first impressions w/Vortek 12 FPE kit) Reply To: TX200: second impressions (first impressions w/Vortek 12 FPE kit)

Link

Smaug
Participant
Member

“gamyrick”Thanks very much for the information. My 2nd TX200 (2014) (23.57 ft/lbs) was overpowered. My 1st TX200 (2010) (18.47 ft/lbs) was much smoother and more accurate with the H&N Baracuda Green Pellet. I thought that maybe Air Arms had added washers for additional power. 

 


23 FPE and 18 FPE from a TX200?! Wow! Are you sure your calculations are correct? …because that’s more than a magnum class springer like the RWS 350 Magnum or 56TH.

Here are some pix:

Here’s the factory spring and hardware, with the factory plastic ring removed and the Vortek in its spot. (this is the wrong place for it) That metal part on the end of the spring goes in the piston. You can see the seal is kind of burnt. It dieseled a lot, because I had been feeding it lubed CPHs, and the Whiscombe Honey detonates.

Here’s the Vortek kit, with that O-ring still pictured in the wrong spot. It goes underneath the breech seal, and the factory plastic split ring stays there. The white plastic guide is in the Vortek kit, but there’s no equivalent from the factory. This is why the cocking is so smooth with the Vortek kit. Instead of the spring rubbing against the inside of the steel cylinder, it rubs inside that plastic tube. Also note the hard black rubber part at the end of the spring, instead of the steel one that’s supplied from the factory. This also takes away vibration when the shot’s fired.

Here she is, all in pieces. Click on the pic to go to PhotoBucket, then click the ‘+’ in the upper right of the pic to zoom in a bit. You can see that the factory spring is larger diameter and of longer length than the Vortek 12 FPE one. Cross section of the spring wire looks about the same, but I didn’t measure it to confirm. The metric hex key set by the butt of the stock and the Swiss army knife were the only tools I needed to do the job. I used the can opener of the Swiss army knife to pry off the old breech seal.