• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

50+ yards group thread

Speaking of budget guns. Two years ago in the 25m there was a guy shooting a high $ gun mounted in a rest that weighed slightly less then my pickup and was built by NASA out of metal from space and machined with the finest machines known to man. He would turn the micrometer knobs while looking through the scope to sight the target, and then set back and watch the wind flags. When it was time to shoot he pressed the button on the remote trigger. Setting next to him was a guy with a old Marauder on a bipod with a rear sandbag. The Marauder out shot him. Goes to show you don't want to talk down budget guns because they might out shoot you. 
Those are some OUTSTANDING groups shown! Why is it they are all shot with guns I DON'T own. 

"Kitplanenut"Speaking of budget guns. Two years ago in the 25m there was a guy shooting a high $ gun mounted in a rest that weighed slightly less then my pickup and was built by NASA out of metal from space and machined with the finest machines known to man. He would turn the micrometer knobs while looking through the scope to sight the target, and then set back and watch the wind flags. When it was time to shoot he pressed the button on the remote trigger. Setting next to him was a guy with a old Marauder on a bipod with a rear sandbag. The Marauder out shot him. Goes to show you don't want to talk down budget guns because they might out shoot you. 
Those are some OUTSTANDING groups shown! Why is it they are all shot with guns I DON'T own.
Hear that CK?

"JoeWayneRhea"Percula let me say it first ..We're not Worthy !! Kickass group man . Absolutely incredible.
Nah, just a good day.

What I'm jumping up and down about is that the H&N Piledrivers working so well! The BC on those is like 0.08xx while the JSB 16gr has a BC of something like 0.03xx. Hopeful to find something that might buck the wind better. 

There are some dandy groups being displayed by all, Nice shooting everyone!!
Sadly I wont be shooting for a little while due to weather, -30*f wind chills are just to cold to open the basement window! lol

Dude! Discos are awesome! I got one that I’ve regulated,FFH and trigger sear. Tuned at 14fpe I get 45 consistent shots. I love shooting that thing!! Well done!!
I have been thinking of installing a FFH in mine as well in order to stretch out a few more shots although I'm not certain if I'll De-tune down to 14fpe but you never know....;)

Charles

"Salticon"Very nice Percula, especially from a Thomas!! ;)
What's going to end up being funny... The roommate is getting hooked big time on shooting. She is brand new to it and a natural. While she had a blast with the Thomas today she likes the RAW better. So I can see a RAW BM500 in 0.177cal in the house in the future. I think the first time she shoots one especially with the thimble I'll have to fight her to shot it. And no Mark, you may NOT let her shot one till I have a chance to save up a little for it, lol.

Excellent shooting guys!

The best 30-shot group to date at 50 meters (55 yards). Shot with my .22 caliber FX Independence on an indoor range. Pellets used, 18 grain JSB Jumbo Exact. Just missed the 10-ring twice with a 9, 298 points in total out of 300. 

One of the 5-shot groups that came back during that 50-meter session.

And because having just fun at the range is a must now and then, shooting smiley's is always a blast. My funniest 12-shot group at 50 meters. 

Got done with work early yesterday so headed over to the local range, hopeful for zero winds, nah this is Arizona, the only time the wind is not blowing is when you could really use it and its 115°+ outside, lol.

I can't use a windflag past 5 yards at this range, but based on the dirt puffs from the pistol shooters, the wind was swirling at about 5mph.

For reference the "10" ring is 3/8" diameter. Shooting (5) shot group at 100 yards.

For grins I thought I would play with the Thomas at 100 yards too.

As a funny aside... there was a group young shooters "having fun" next to me when I first got there. They seen the air tank and then the RAW and we got to talking about airguns. They weren't too impressed, thought they would be fun at short range. So when I walk my targets out to 100 yards there was some smack talk. So a friendly bet of $20 was made... "I bet you can't put 5 shots on the paper"... I took at couple sighters to verify scope settings, then the group I posted, $20 on the bench. Each shot was met with a grone as they watched through there scope...