• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

50+ yards group thread

Tested the 34 JSB's at different speeds in windy conditions at 75 yards today. Winds were 10 - 12 mph with gusts 25+ mph. Pellets were straight from the tin. 24 shots at each sheet.

LStta1y.jpg

aHAGwCM.jpg

I got hammered by a storm this morning, rain and wind typical florida early summer weather. Had some pretty brutal gails, but i wanted to test the .25 polygon barrel in the elements. All shot at 100 yards. Had some instances where hold off was 6" at 50x!!
first is the storm target
second is post storm.
I ordered one of these mounts, really will be nice to video this rifle making these groups for you all to see. 
0cec0a52a2ccc0f415726da8705ec32b.jpg

7ec5d2fb7ffd97f4d2d445d032361300.jpg

My humble addition to the festivities here. 50 yards, dead calm and mid-70s. Benjamin Titan GP .22 using 14.3 gr Benjamin Discovery Hollow Points and a Mantis 3-9x32 AO scope set at 8x. Target is a 4" high viz on the lid of a cheap plastic container filled with duct seal - very quiet and no ricochets! Group is 2.0" CTC. This after many weeks of daily practice 7 days a week. Man I do love my break barrels...

15f1ceb6c5ac582ca3a8e9f45053b5ce.jpg
 working on my hold throughout the session, only settled on what worked best in the last 5 shots. Those are buried in there, just under 1" CTC.

9d5b388b0c93f1f8742f6062c951800a.jpg
 The Titan GP with a Mantis 3-9x32 AO scope.

"chasdicapua"Nice shooting with the break barrel.
Thanks, chasdicapua. I just can't bring myself to surrender the 50+ yard section to the PCP folk. Their groups are astounding, and the range they can cover and still maintain such tight groups... yowza! Still and all, there is value to the intimacy a shooter must develop with his/her break barrel... the correct, repeatable hold on all points of the gun... the pellet trials to find the one (or more, if you are lucky) that creates a symbiosis of smooth cycling and consistent POI with your break barrel... your instinctual, minute adjustments made even as you feel the air moving around you, see the effect of the wind downrange where the target awaits. Heck, I can't get hole-in-hole results at 20 yards; I sure ain't gonna cry if my groups exceed 1" at 50 yards (as long as they exceed 1" by only a smidge).