• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

50+ yards group thread

Groups like this are routine with my RAW 1000X shooting the 50gn JSB. Amazing for a 78 FPE air rifle. Love my *Made in USA* RAW! PS- This is my first post here at AGN. Been on the Yellow Forum for about 15 years. Happy Shooting!
Brian in MI
imagepng
imagepng

Recently shot these two hunter class field target style (sitting on bucket resting the gun on cross sticks) using my .177 R9 breakbarrel.......

The killzone is 1 1/2" diameter.

Here are a few groups shot with my .177 HW95 shot "bucket and sticks" on May 10, 2016.........

Not the "quality of a lot of the fine shootin' posted in this thread but I'm pleased with this.

5 CPLs at 50 yards on Nov 11, 2014 with my .177 R9 shot "bucket and sticks" where the second shot opened the group to 5/8".
LOL....this isn't normal for me!

15 out of 20 CPLs through a 3/4" killzone at 50 yards with my .177 R9 shot "bucket and sticks".......

"nced"What????? I really don't wanna get rid of my excuses for missin! LOL, puffer guns are so easy ta shoot straight even a trained monkey can clear a FT course so what fun is there in that? :)
Well this monkey ain't livin' up to the hype? LOL
This monkey can barely get 80% with his high dollar puffer and high dollar scope on his best days ;-)
But it sure beats the 50% I started out with ;-)

Fuss

Brian.in.MIGroups like this are routine with my RAW 1000X shooting the 50gn JSB. Amazing for a 78 FPE air rifle. Love my *Made in USA* RAW! PS- This is my first post here at AGN. Been on the Yellow Forum for about 15 years. Happy Shooting!
Brian in MI
imagepng
imagepng

Welcome! I agree groups like that with my RAW HM1000X .30 are routinely under 1/2" at 50yds. I use the 44.75gr JSB but I got some 50gr ones on order to see how they do!

My cards from the Phoenix Invitational today, 75 yard and 100 meter. Wind was weird. The time during the 75y shot it was fairly consistant, 5-10mph with a few direction shifts. During the 100m the wind was just strange. E.g. at one point my 15y flag was still, my 30y flag had the tail waving, my 50'ish yard flag was spinning the prop and my 70'ish yard flag was going in circles... Scores won't be announced till Sunday, but I self scored these from the pictures :) I figure I'm in the top 5 for both.

The 75y is (4) shots per bull with (16) total bulls, (640)max... Looks like I shot about (575). The "10" ring is about 3/4" in diameter or about 1 MOA. Sighters are on the bottom.

The 100m is (6) shots per bull with (10) total bulls, (600)max... Looks like I shot about (520). The "10" ring is about 1" in diameter or about 1 MOA. Sighters are in the middle.

Brian, I just know I'll end up selling the Royale 500 and get the new RAW HM 1000x in .25 being designed specifically around the JSB MK2 pellets. Steve from AEAC said he'll be doing a review on it in about one month. Can't wait!
I have a TM 1000 and really love it. Have a BM 500 on order. Go RAW!!!

I'm enjoying the groups you're posting. Well done!

"chasdicapua"Brian, I just know I'll end up selling the Royale 500 and get the new RAW HM 1000x in .25 being designed specifically around the JSB MK2 pellets. Steve from AEAC said he'll be doing a review on it in about one month. Can't wait!
I have a TM 1000 and really love it. Have a BM 500 on order. Go RAW!!!

I'm enjoying the groups you're posting. Well done!
Thanks, man. Can't go wrong with a RAW in any caliber. The pride of owning one (just feels right) but holy sh#t, shooting one feels even better. Been doing this a long time and this rifle has me feeling like the proverbial "kid at Christmas" every time I even look at it, let alone shoot it. My posts aren't meant to brag or show off, just a reflection of how excited I am about my favorite (by far) hobby. Cheers!

Here's the first 50 yard group I've shot in a few weeks. The RAW .30 is still zeroed at 75 yards. Doing some hunting with it tomorrow and wanted to figure out hold points for chip shots like 30-40 yds. Worked out that with the scope dialed back to 8x, the 50yd POI exactly coincides with the -1 mil dot. Cool. The center of the shoot n c target was the POA. Shot front rested, but shoulder supported (no butt bag) Love this rifle