30 caliber pellets expensive!

Leeprecision.com buy the bottom pour casting pot, don't waste your time with "cookware" when you pour/cast from the bottom you get pure lead all the impurities float to the top because the lead is heavier. I see all these videos of people casting out of a frying pan? The lee casting pot is ultra fast and done right you can make better pellets or slugs yourself. The skirt won't get beat up or damaged by bulk packaging and the ups gorillas, no pellet sorting and with a single cavity mould all your diameters will be exactly the same. There is a learning curve to casting but it's quick and if you make a mistake just throw it back in the melting pot😉

I plan on making my own .25 caliber projos soon I will keep the forum updated as it wouldn't be difficult for me to scale it up to .30. A machinist by trade this would be an easy project, I plan on casting cores and swaging in a die built for a reloading press to get the weight and diameter exact. I have been doing this for years for my handguns to save money but more so because I enjoy doing it myself and not having to rely on an outside source .

The .177, .22 and .25 are relatively economical calibers for target shooting.

If bigger is what you need than i'd stay with it for your hunting etc. But for target shooting the other three listed above are much less expensive.

Air used for the .177 is probably half as much as needed for the same number of rounds of .25, which can be an expense and inconvenience.

But if you want a target gun with strong hunting power, for small critters, the .25 would probably be a good alternative, power and expense wise.

If you can't mint accurate lead, that would be self defeating, i'd stick with a good quality pellet.