3 Ft Drop destroyed my 550$ 75 Cuft Tank.

My tank rolled off a table while shooting my wildcat. Left a one inch crack on the resin which looked good at first glance. I did offer to sell it to monster max here on the forums and offered a full refund if it failed hydro. He insisted I get the tank hydrostatic tested before I ship to him. I was fully expecting it to pass given how I wouldn't believe a 3 ft fall would destroy a tough tank like this one. Boy was I wrong. 

Just got the call on how inspection and how my hydro test went. Failed it. He said they did it twice to make sure and he was surprised that the tank was made in Korea. The inspector said he was used to tanks made in america(98% of the tanks he gets are from america). Anyways, let this be known to other tank owners that it is worth protecting your tank with some sort of wrap, and having it naked with a carrying handle is not enough. No matter if firefighters around the globe can be manhandling them, and touching it out. Also I ended up selling my non dropped tank on the classifieds section so I am "tankless" so to speak(I found out about the failure an hour after I sold it).

Reactions: FunGun
"Hynzie"wow you think AOA would love doing business with you,from what i read you spend tons at the supply houses ,,,,good luck this time around ,,,whart did AOA say?
What? Supply houses? What do you mean by that? I go to no supply houses.

edit: oh yeah ahaha, I spend a little too much money in this hobby. I Probably should give powderburners a try.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, you are not alone my friend. Seems like bad luck comes in triplets so you had the problem with the defective Impact and now the tank drops and cracks and wont pass inspection therefore not allowing you to sell the tank, but selling your non-dropped tank leaving you tankless. Yep, it's people like you and me who tough it out to the bitter end and get slapped down by circumstances. As I said you are not alone. Yes, the bird singing outside my window is a buzzard also. I got up this morning and put both contact lenses in the same eye. Went downstairs and flipped on the tube and the news is showing emergency routes out of the city. My twin sister forgot my birthday so my girl friend made me a cake and it collapsed from the weight of all the candles. I got in my car to go to work, along the way my horn becomes stuck just as I was following a group of Hell's Angels onto the freeway. I woke up face down on the pavement. I finally get to work and the boss tells me not to bother taking my hat off. On the way home I thought I would check my voice mail and the first voice mail was someone telling me it was none of my business ... huh??? Hoping for a little compassion and understanding I called up a friend and told my story to him and he said not to worry, he had the perfect solution for a terrible day and set me up with a blind date ... turns out it was my ex-wife. I came home carrying the weight of the whole world upon my shoulders, I couldn't stand another day like this, I decided to off myself ... at the last second I freaked out and called the suicide prevention hotline and they put me on hold.

Reactions: FukoChan
"likkitysplyt"Sorry to hear of your bad luck, you are not alone my friend. Seems like bad luck comes in triplets so you had the problem with the defective Impact and now the tank drops and cracks and wont pass inspection therefore not allowing you to sell the tank, but selling your non-dropped tank leaving you tankless. Yep, it's people like you and me who tough it out to the bitter end and get slapped down by circumstances. As I said you are not alone. Yes, the bird singing outside my window is a buzzard also. I got up this morning and put both contact lenses in the same eye. Went downstairs and flipped on the tube and the news is showing emergency routes out of the city. My twin sister forgot my birthday so my girl friend made me a cake and it collapsed from the weight of all the candles. I got in my car to go to work, along the way my horn becomes stuck just as I was following a group of Hell's Angels onto the freeway. I woke up face down on the pavement. I finally get to work and the boss tells me not to bother taking my hat off. On the way home I thought I would check my voice mail and the first voice mail was someone telling me it was none of my business ... huh??? Hoping for a little compassion and understanding I called up a friend and told my story to him and he said not to worry, he had the perfect solution for a terrible day and set me up with a blind date ... turns out it was my ex-wife. I came home carrying the weight of the whole world upon my shoulders, I couldn't stand another day like this, I decided to off myself ... at the last second I freaked out and called the suicide prevention hotline and they put me on hold.
Thank you for sharing that. I feel a little better now. Lets live for the good days and persevere through the bad!

Not to worry FC, we know you are real because you don't try and hide anything. It's kinda like the old Indian (Chief Rootin' Tootin' who was married to Queen Hotsie Totsie) used to say," What matters is whether you are real or not ... when you are real, you don't mind being hurt, you've had enough hard times to where you understand that it is part of life ... being real is something that doesn't happen all at once ... it takes a long time ... that's why it doesn't often happen to people who break easily ... or have sharp edges ... or who have been carefully kept. Generally ... by the time you are real ... most of your hair has been loved off ... and your eyes drop out ... and your teeth aren't pretty anymore ... and you get loose in the joints ... and sometimes you get a little shabby lookin' ... but these things don't matter none at all ... because once you are real, you can't be ugly ... except to people who just don't understand." Endeavor to persevere and you will do well in life.

Fukochan, Thanks for sharing your story. I know I have learned from your misfortune and I would hope that many more will as well. I know it does not take the sting out of the situation, or the financial loss, but you willingness to share this information may help your fellow airgunners save a life. You sharing this story, is a credit to your character. Thank you.