.25 Springer.... AA TX200?

Howdy folks. As some have heard, Pennsylvania Game Commission has decided to allow airguns for hunting, possibly .25 and up for groundhogs and predators. I'm pretty pumped about this as I long gave up on firearm hunting in our area. Anyways, regardless which way the game commission writes the rules, I'm looking for something bigger than my R9 .177. And I always had a soft spot for the TX200.

So, who has one, specifically in .25?? Would love to hear about it! Thanks!

"oldspook"Yeah, I owned a BSA in .25 for about a week. A Lightening XL with the Beech stock. Didn't like it. Springer and .25 don't belong in the same sentence unless you are doing some kind of specialized short range hunting, hunting over bait for example. I don't even see them on the BSA web site anymore.
+1

You'd have to get super magnum, like one of the Hatsan 135s or something to get a reasonable velocity out of them. Then, you have to try to shoot it accurately, which is another challenge.

Invest in a .25 Marauder with a quality scope and pump and it'll cost you the same and be loads more capable.

I would hope they'd allow .177 and .22 with energy floors for small game up to rabbit size, at least.

I love the TX and have hunted extensively wth them. I've found the TX power plant to be best suited to 177. The softball trajectory in 22 was difficult to hunt with so I quickly sold the gun. 

The pro elite in 22 or an rws 54 in 22 would be much better. But like others said... A good 22 or 25 pcp would serve you better. Groundhogs can take a gut shot from a 22-250 and still crawl to a near by hole. Best to kill them with a head shot from a powerful 22 or 25 pcp with 35plus ft lbs.