.25 King Heavy mk1 compared to mk11

Can those of you who have shot both the mk1 and mk11 notice any real difference? I have an impact that shoots the m1's ok. The Australian jsb importer doesn't stock the mk11 so I have some coming from US to give a try. I am hoping they'll shoot more accurately and stay more stable at longer ranges. I have read past posts on the subject and have seen both are popular with different shooters/guns. 
How much difference have you seen in your gun? 
Thanks Michael

The difference is that the MK 1 was a bit long for some mags. JSB, to satify these concerns, made the MK 2 a fraction shorter. To be honest, from what I've seen, it is a case by case basis as to which is more accurate. The accurancy results are probably determined by unique variables for each platform, e.g., chosen speed to sling them, barrel, guns limitations on power. 

"T3PRanch"Recent Mark II measure exactly the same in height, skirt diameter and head diameter as the Original Mark 1 or is it that the Mark 1's now measure exactly the same as the Mark II's! Either way it looks like they are all the same pellets now!

Thurmond 
Seriously Thurmond? Dadgumit, what is JSB pulling here? I have an older original MK 2 tin and they are noticeably shorter to the eye when placed side x side to a newer tin of MK 1. So, with that said, I'd have to say the newer MK 2's have grown.

I love Fat Kings! All hail the Fat Kings!

Disclaimer: All observations made by a non-scientific, real world, enthusiast in an uncontrolled outdoor natural environment, exposed to random variables of Mother Nature. All observations made today from 10:30 to 11:30 EDT.

Weather: 55 degrees, wet but not raining yet. 79% humidity with light 2-3 mph wind with occasional gusts up to 10mph coming from my 11 o'clock. Elevation = 73ft. No motorcycle riding today but good day for pellet testing.

The pellets: All purchased from PA during sales events 20 tins per order. 3 separate orders of JSB Skinny Kings 25.39gr , JSB Fat Kings 1 33.95 gr., and JSB Fat Kings 2 33.95gr. I picked 40 Pellets randomly from each of three tins. All pellets previously lubed with Remington spray Dry Lube. No washing or sorting.

The Gun: FX Bobcat mk1 with ST barrel. July 2016 surgical procedures and enhancements made by Dr. E.R. to optimize performance to shoot Fat Kings (highly recommended, ER is a wizard). ER voodoo included, reg set @ 155 bar, "increased" hammer weight (unspecified), and ER tweaked hammer spring tension. ER barrel voodoo procedure ( unspecified), all tuned and tested with skinny and fat kings. Results = 44 shots per 250 bar fill or 4 mags on the reg. Chrony Beta. Reverification today, from 200 bar, 10 shots each, refilled to 200 bar for each of three pellets. Skinny Kings = 973fps, Fat King 1 = 881fps, and Fat King 2 = 888fps all averages, all with very tight ES and SD. Only other mod to gun is a Huggett LDC (works great tames 59 FPE for neighbor friendly). Optics = Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 Mil/Mil with APMR reticle, 1/10th Mil Turrets. Zero distance is 48 yards set to Fat King 1 against a dead tree with smooth surface easy to see impact holes. Remaining pellets compared using same zero. All adjustments for pellet POI made using turrets, no holdover.

The Range: max range set up is 110 yards. Range is a 35 yard wide 110 yards long "tunnel" cut into dense woods with good wind protection. Why is it an odd 110 yards you ask? Because I'm former military and I still think and shoot in metric. My furthest installed metal spinner target is 100 meters or 109.4ish yards. Shooting position = indoors seated @ my breakfast table with back door open. Gun resting on rickety red plastic MTM Predator shooting rest. Yeah yeah, poke fun at me for shooting from indoors but I'm no longer in military and I'm a house cat now!

The Shooter: Awake 2 hours. Slight hangover but well caffeinated. Hungry AF no breakfast at time of test.

Comparitive observations. At 48 yard zero, the Fat King 1 makes one slightly enlarged hole on dead tree using 3 shots. Using same zero, the Fat King 2 shares the same hole 3 shots with last shot slightly clover leafed up and left by a couple mm. At same zero, the Skinny Kings shoot slightly over Fat Kings' impact but horizontally centered. Three 1/10th Mil clicks down brings the next 3 shots exactly in line with Fat Kings. I expected this difference given Skinny Kings higher MV and lighter weight.

Moving out in distances allows some comparison of trajectory, BC, wind susceptibility, and long range accuracy. Today's target is at 98 yards and is the Birchwood Casey metal spinners. The three different sizes: 3 5/8", 2 1/4" and 1 5/8" circles. https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Targets/World-of-Targets/World-of-Targets®-Qualifier®-Spinner.aspx

For today's purposes, only the two smaller spinners were used. Why did I choose 98 yards? Because yours truly thought I lasered 90 meters but came up 1/2 a meter short when I piled up some dead logs behind the target for a backstop. Lesson learned, measure twice or three times and place your target first BEFORE making a backstop. :). So 98 yards it is.

Prep and order of shooting. Order = Fat King 1, then Fat King 2, then Skinny Kings. All pellets previously lubed with REM Dry Lube spray. Barrel cleaned with pull through patches between each pellet followed by 5 shots seasoning of each type before test. Gun refilled to 250 bar between each pellet type. The 2 1/4 inch spinner used for sighters 10 shots each with elevation turret adjustments and the 1 5/8 inch spinner used for final 22 shots each or 2 mags once fully dialed in. No windage adjustments or holder used during test.

Fat King 1 required 3.1 Mils of elevation adjustment on the sighter spinner's 6 o'clock position just at bottom edge. Dumped the remaining 22 shots aiming dead center on the 1 5/8 inch target with 22 hits.

Fat King 2 required 3.3 Mils of elevation adjustment to hit sighted 6 o'clock. Remaining 22 shots on smaller spinner center resulted in 21 hits. The missed shot fell just right of target. My guess is wind gust. Remember no horizontal adjustment or hold off.

Skinny Kings required 2.9 Mils of elevation to hit sighter 6 o'clock lower edge. Remaining 22 shots resulted in 19 hits with one shot dropping short by a small margin and the other two hitting just right of target but close to center line. My guess here is a combo of wind, pellet variation, and shooting the Skinnies at a pretty high velocity.

Bottom line for me: I love this ER magnum tuned .25 Bobcat (many thanks Ernest). Although the Fat King 2 started at a slightly higher velocity, it hit just a tad lower at terminal end indicating a lower BC than Fat King 1. Skinny Kings still shoot ok at this high velocity of 973 but are certainly more susceptible to wind. My BC observation is visual only since I was not prepared to sacrifice my Chrony at distance with an errant shot :)

Chairgun settings Fat Kings 1 = 881fps, scope height 2.7inch, 48 yard zero and BC .054. 58.5 FPE at muzzle and 37.2 at target.

Chairgun settings Fat Kings 2 = 888fps , scope height 2.7, 48 yard zero and BC .046. 59 FPE at muzzle and 35 at target.

Forgot to mention visual comparison of MK1 vs MK2 both purchased in Jan 2017 from PA. Comparing side by side, MK1 appear slightly taller, skirt is slighter more flared, wider at bottom edge and if you turn it over, the concavity of the hollow base goes just a little deeper. It also requires slightly more force to close the lever when loading an MK1.

Reactions: Pacman
You're most welcome ZX10. Anyone interested in other platforms; I also continued the Fat Kings testing today with .25 KalibrGun Cricket Carbine with the olive green LW barrel (all OEM), and the AGT Vulcan .25 bullpup Gen3 also box stock with CZ Barrel. Cricket has OEM moderator and the Vulcan has the Donny Du Sumo (very effective and quiet).

My testing mimic'ed the above with the FX Bobcat - OMG please don't make me type all that again on an iPad!

Bottom Line for my Cricket Carbine: prefers MK 1. Gun zero' d to 48 yards using skinny kings @ 929fps. Fat Kings MK1 @ 830. At 98 yards, Skinny Kings hit at 3.5 Mils. Accurate. Can hit 1 5/8 spinner as often as you want unless windy. Fat Kings 1 using the same zero hits @ 4.2 Mils indicating a BC of .052. Very accurate and repeatable. For this gun, MK2 Fat Kings less accurate with about an 80% hit rate at 98 yards hitting at 4.6 Mils.

Bottom line my Vulcan bullpup: prefers MK2 Fat Kings. MK1 very difficult to cycle bolt with a lot of extra effort to close, which can't be good for pellet shape. Gun zero' d 48 yards for skinny kings @ 927 fps hitiing 98 yards at 3 Mils. Fat King 2 with no change in zero shoots at 825 fps hitting 98 yard at 4 Mils. The Fat King 1 requires 4.5 Mil dial up and I don't like loading them cause it starts hurting my fingers :-( and seem equally accurate as the MK2s.

Both of the above two guns topped off with identical SWFA 3-15x42 FFP Mil/Mil turrets and reticle. Cricket with medium and Vulcan with high UTG Pic mounts due to differences in architecture and preferred cheek welds.

Strange when you think about how that chunk of lead behaves differently depending on velocity and barrel being used.

Thanks to all who posted particularly Mick. Although I would like to see you repeat your testing when your not as hungry AF to see if results are constant on a full stomach. 
Seriously thank you for sharing. I like the fact your info is 'real world'
So.. 
Mk1 have a slightly better bc. 
When the mk1 pellet 'works' it is extremly accurate and shooters are very happy with it. 
Mk11 is in some guns is more accurate but possibly at its best still not as good as the mk1 at its best?
Normal kings are also very accurate but will be affected a little more by the wind.
Feel free to agree disagree. 
I can't ever remember Ted trying the mk11 pellets and giving an opinion? 
I'm going to go and do some more testing with the mk1 while I wait for the mk11. When they arrive I'll let you know if they are now morphing into a mk1....
Thanks Michael

I shot both types over a chrono today. While I have yet to crunch the numbers, I can say that the MKIIs chrono'd more slightly consistently and gave slightly better groups than the MKIs. I will compute the ChairGun BCs as soon as soon as I can. 

Additionally, my MKIs and MKIIs were both recent purchases from AOA and PA, respectively. The MKIs in my stock are definitely longer than the MKII's

UPDATE: 

Crunched the numbers in ChairGun. Both types were shot at same pressures, conditions etc. MKIIs had a very slightly (almost negligibly) better BC(GA) in my apples/apples testing. 

"Mousefart"I shot both types over a chrono today. While I have yet to crunch the numbers, I can say that the MKIIs chrono'd more slightly consistently and gave slightly better groups than the MKIs. I will compute the ChairGun BCs as soon as soon as I can. 

Additionally, my MKIs and MKIIs were both recent purchases from AOA and PA, respectively. The MKIs in my stock are definitely longer than the MKII's

UPDATE: 

Crunched the numbers in ChairGun. Both types were shot at same pressures, conditions etc. MKIIs had a very slightly (almost negligibly) better BC(GA) in my apples/apples testing.
What was the platform used for your testing, Mousefart? Thank you for sharing. 

Wildcat.

BC comparison is the takeaway, I think. While accuracy comparisons could vary from one setup to another in any given gun, the relative BC might translate better.

While the MKIIs were very slightly better, the difference was small enough to be meaningless in practical terms. For example: Chairgun predicts that the MkI POI with a 41 yd zero (the max PBR for my setup) would be only .3" lower at 100 yds.