.25 cal benjamin armada question

I recently purchased a 25 Cal Armada off of eBay. I've been using it to shoot pigeons for my backyard. After putting several shots on Target and watching feathers fly and then seeing the birds fly away, I bought a chronograph. I got consistent readings of right under 700 ft per second. I was expecting to see closer to 850-900. I tested with three separate pellets. Predator polymag, Barracuda extreme Hunter, and Diablo exacts. Does anybody have information that would help me determine whether this is a problem with my particular gun that I purchased or rather is this to be expected with all 25 caliber Benjamin armadas?

Hi Griessy,

Naturally the wt of the pellet will affect how fps. I know those are popular pellets, but i am not familiar with the wts that you were shooting.

Heavier the pellet the slower it will go.

Naturally you can make adjustments to the gun to increase/decrease the fps.

I am shooting JSB 15.89 pellets at average speed of 738 fps over 627 shoots, extreme spread is 23, and the standard deviation is 4.

I'd like the gun to shoot a little faster, but it is deadly accurate, and i only shoot targets and this gives me 30 foot lbs of energy.

So should i tweak the gun?

I've resisted the urge to do so because of the dime size accuracy out to 50 yards, "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

The other slight challenge with the Armada is getting at the adjustments.

A knowledgeable poster on this forum listed the steps to get at them, i didn't copy them down and haven't been able to find his post.

You should be able to increase your fps but if the pellets you are shooting are 30 grains plus your speed is probably correct for your current settings.

I'd of attempted to adjust mine, however target shooting accuracy is most important and at 20 yards this gun stacks pellets, 50 yards a half inch group.

The 4 screws at the back (2 on each side)of the "plastic fore stock" have to be removed also! Then you have to loosen the set screw at the bottom of the "barrel band" and remove the fill "Cap"!
At that point the entire front end should slide forward and off! I don't think I have forgotten anything but it is possible.

Go over to Crosman and download the exploded parts diagram. Edit: for some unknown reason Crosman has removed the Exploded View and Parts List. PM me your e-mail address and I can send it to you! Edit again: Found it link below.

https://www.crosman.com/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FBTAP17_BTAP22_BTAP25.pdf

Look at parts #19, 11, 14, 17

Thurmond

Its the same thing in a diff stock and I think you have to remove the stock still to make tge adjustments. I did misread the post thinking you were asking how to take the receiver off the air tube tho when you were asking how to remove the stock. Sounds like you got the stock off. The A-Team tuning guide will get you the rest of the answers for tuning it.