.22 Wildcat velosity question

I have a new'ish .22 Wildcat that I have adjusted to shoot at an average of 885 fps with JSB 18's. In years past it seamed that the standard advice was to keep the volicity below 900 fps with JSB 18's for better accuracy, but lately I have seen people tuning their (various) PCP's to shoot over 900 fps. I will probably play with this a bit when time allows, but I'm curious if any of you shooting FX smoothe twist guns in .22 have a strong opinion on best fps. I've had a heck of a time getting time on the Wildcat since I got it, the weather out here in NW Washington hasn't helped, but I'm enjoying the gun so far.

Cheers

I have one also. Gun is a year old. Only change, added an LDC. Shot average of 889 fps yesterday using JSB 18's. I have also though about changing the velocity; but, shoots very accurately as is. Example, shot 12 times at 44 yards two days ago, then again yesterday, (same target, same bench rest, same location) with another 16, results all 28 within 3/4". I just don't believe I can improve its performance. Won't even clean the barrel. The improvement that will make a difference is my skill, better gun rest and more practice. Maybe finer lines on target and thinner scope cross hairs might help.

LDM, agree that 870-890 fps with the 18 gr. pellet is a sweet spot for the Wildcat; I tried a lot of different pellets but it really likes the JSB's. Like NVelk, I have not fiddled with settings, the gun has shot with darn good accuracy since it came out of the box. Also agree that the weather in NW Washington has been pretty wet and unfriendly these last few weeks.