• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results 2017 AAFTA Nationals was a great event

This was my first Field target nationals and only my 3 field target event. Met a lot of great folks and shooters. You probably didn't see much reporting because there was 3 long days of shooting and most people including me were whipped by the days end. I can give you an idea of the final day.

6:30 am Site in range was to start at 7:am, most the hard core shooters were there by 6:30 and we starting practicing before sunrise, cool weather about 65 degrees, slight wind. Our small bore practice range could accommodate 40 plus shooters at a time.

8:30 Final pairings handed out, started shooting by 9:am

There were two shooting lanes per pad, Yellow going one way and red the other way, so you got to see just about everybody, there were 15 shooting stations, 2 targets per stage, with 2 shots on each target. 8 forced shots each day, standing and kneeling. Course was tight with 90 plus shooters navigating. I shot the red course today, which I thought was a little tougher, my score dropped 6 points from the yellow. There was a good breeze at times, sun was out most of the day and got a little warm at times. Plenty of dust, dirt and grit from desert shooting, not to mention pulling cacti out of you all the time.

2:00pm Most of the shooting was done and tabulation began. Shoot off was at about 3:00 pm in just about every class and was over by 4:00pm

6:00pm Banquet started and all were treated to a great dinner, plus a native Apache Hoop dancer and story telling for entertainment, a live auction with some great stuff and the awards. I cut out at 9:30 because still had an hour drive home and I was whipped, they were still going......

All in all, there were 3 long days of shooting, with great weather, good food , great people. I hope this link works to some of the pictures I took.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qG4lj9Fh45Pilv5O2

Scores http://www.phoenixairgun.net/aafta-nats-results

Anthony

Reactions: Michael