2016 SHOT Show news has started already!

Although the SHOT Show does not start until Tuesday January 19, several big name airgun companies are getting their news out early.

This week, there's been new product news from Umarex about the Walther Parrus spring/piston air rifle. You can read about it in Hard Air Magazine at http://hardairmagazine.com/news/product-news/umarex-announces-the-new-walther-parrus-air-rifle/ And we know there's more to come from Umarex in the next couple of days!

SIG SAUER has finally made an official launch of their airgun range. http://hardairmagazine.com/uncategorized/sig-sauer-airguns-launched/ Yes, it's a year since the first prototypes were shown at the 2015 SHOT Show - let's hope it's been worth the wait! Samples of the MCX and MPX air rifles arrived at the Hard Air Magazine offices today for testing, so we'll soon find out...

Tomorrow, (Friday) there will be news of the new Russian Ataman PCP air rifle range from Air Venturi.

And there's other exciting new product news that's "embargoed" - that is we can't reveal it yet. But it will be posted on http://hardairmagazine.com/ as soon as we're allowed!

It looks as if this will be a great SHOT Show for airguns. We'll be bringing you news and photos from the show floor next week.

Stephen Archer
Hard Air Magazine.

Tha Russian Ataman PCP air rifle range looks very interesting, too. I'll be asking Air Venturi about the 4,350 fill pressure, though, as this is obviously way above the 3,000-ish psi used in most PCPs now. Ataman M2R Air Rifles Now Available In The USA.[/QUOTE]http://hardairmagazine.com/news/product-news/ataman-m2r-air-rifles-now-available-in-the-usa/embed/

Lots of pix in this post - there's a large range of Ataman guns being launched all at one here for the USA.

Stephen Archer
Hard Air Magazine

The Atamans look nice, they actually have a more elegant while still "business" tough look to them. Looks like they start a bit over 8lbs, would have liked the bullpup at least at 7lbs but remains to be seen what the real weight will be.

I was hoping to see some of these new "up and coming" brands/new models from Eastern-Europe and Russia marketed at a lower price and not just a couple of hundred dollars under the "big boys" like FX, Daystate, etc. Yes, I know their performance (albeit arguably not their quality yet) is at par in many cases with the major brands, but I hoped the trend will be that $700-1,000 newly introduced smaller brand rifles will eventually provide a competition for the major brands pushing the overall prices down. Instead, with the exception of the FX Wildcat, I see prices gone up for top-line major brands such as the Daystate Pulsar at over $2,500.

Unfortunately, the U.S. domestic manufacturers and their product lines (Flex .30, RAW) that emerged lately with top quality/performance rifles are also near the price of the established major brands. What separates them is exceptional personal after-sales service and customization options that the major imported brands in many cases failed to match so far. Based on what I read and experiences so far, that same personal service and fast response time by the manufacturer or U.S. representative seems to be true with the Russian and Eastern-European airguns too. Additionally, warranty is in many cases for the rifle during the warranty period, so transferable and not only for the original owner. This service I think sets these "smaller" brands apart from the major imported brands, and in my opinion adds additional value to the guns they sell a couple of hundred dollars bellow their "big boy" competition.

The Atamans have been around for a couple of years now in the Netherlands.
The promises were high, but they didn't meet their expectations. Apparently they were suffering from poor accuracy, especially from 50m and beyond. 
People had sent their guns back to the dealer, and a Russian delegation was send to NL to get the issues solved.
Long story short, Ataman never had their issues solved and we didn't hear much about them eversince. 
Too bad, because the design is very nice, and the build quality is great. Trigger is also very good. Comparable with RAW.
Looking at the US price, I have a strong feeling we're being ripped in NL/Be. Cheapest one here is 1600€ (.22cal 1740USD) to 2470€ (.35cal 2690USD)...... nuff said...
Magazines are VERY expensive too. (115-142$ depending on cal.)
But most of you being US citizens, RAW all the way if you ask me. Had an HM1000x .30 and it is a great gun, although it is very expensive as well in NL (~2700$)

Was really hoping for something cool and new from Air Arms, but they uglied up an AA510 , shucks. The world needs another hybrid bullpup? 

The Ataman is know.
The Sig (having been out a good while) is for replica firing ( which is nice but ) and even replicates the trigger pull - not what most airgun folks look for in a trigger- and accuracy well , and where is the air power version we were promised last year?
So far crosman "new" synthetic stock discovery ( with a new name) as an under $200.00 pre-charged rifle looks to be a winner.

These manufactures know what we want, all the power in the world, sub MOA groups at 300+ yards , two pumps per fill and 100 shots from that, and we want it cheap ( er low cost we want high quality), kidding kidding (????) .

Looking forward to more updates.

John

"spysir" Was really hoping for something cool and new from Air Arms, but they uglied up an AA510 , shucks. The world needs another hybrid bullpup? 

Thats a pity, it looks pretty cool on their website.
Is it available in high power, I assume it is since its available to US market.?
No info on their website re: specification.

The cocking lever looks a little odd. Did you get to hold it?