• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

100 yard DIY Range

Just finished mowing my range wider so I can now go 75 yards and 100 yards,150 if I shoot off my camper deck hahaha but anyway I turned my 11 yard thru 50 yard range into a 100 yard range,still need to put my 3/4" 3x4 plywood sheets up and get some straw or hay bails to put behind my 25-50-75 and 100 yard targets but for now I'm ok being there is nothing but woods and swamp for just about 2 miles behind the range so I'm good for now, oh and the bag is at 20yards for Crossbow,Longbow and Recurve shooting and I still need to get some other metal targets up like a coyote,squirrel,crow,fox,raccoon and a couple more gongs. Here is what it looks like so far.
3f0d788bbbf9bf58a0d35a20735a1231.jpg

Thanks......I just bought this 12.7 acres in April, have mowed about 5 acres for aesthetics.

Cup has...Built for the Wild on it.........just about said....cup says hahaha....

When I get the other plywood up and a few more targets I'll post another pick.

The pic is looking to the south and there is a stream witch is my south property line connecting two Big lakes so I get a lot of Bass, Northern, Crappie, Rock Bass and a few other species of fish going between the lakes and lots of deer and a Turkey here and there and the Ducks and Geese fly low over the property setting wings to land.

I'll add that my camper is about 10 yards behind the picnic table and then there is a fire pit in front of the picnic table but you can't see it because of the way the pic was taken,this is about 10.5 miles south of my home on the lake, sometimes it's better to be surrounded by land and away from the lake then at the lake.....plus I can swim or cool down in the creek if I want to.

The open space between the orange gong and the 25 yard target is what I'm going to use for 1/5sc NRA Silhouette metal targets,will use a sawhorse with a 2x4 on top to place the targets on,it gives me room to move them from say 18 yards to 50+ yards so my children,wife and I can have shooting challenges/contests. These are the targets that I'll line up on the 2x4. Should be fun...
99ab3fc65ddc30af96fe875adc7a4fa5.jpg

"crittahitta"That is really nice imold. I really like the white round metal gongs. With that awesome range I am sure your new compressor is getting a workout! Looks like a shooters paradise. Did you get your golf balls yet???? Mine are ordered.
Yep got them last week and then I got a 150-175-200 yard spot set up,here is a pic from ground zero,you can see the 3 yardage makers back towards the trees, I had to use part of my driveway...it runs West to East, need to get 3 3ft lengths of small pipe to hold the golfballs up and then I'm going to use a backstop to help me see the Golfball like he did in the video.
05aa6fa4307c47f01d8c2e6500d5e4f6.jpg

Enlarge the pic and you can see the thee t post with orange paint on the tops, the 200 yard is actually 205 yards but that's fine, illset up the iPad behind me and have my phone set up closer to the 150 then the 175 and then to the 200/205 so I will have two videos of it one with me in it and one showing the hits if I can do it, never know might be to far for these old eyes hahaha, I'll do my best.
ac43d9f65a7c15a7ecd3b207451d7aa6.jpg