• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Closed 10 Meter 40 Shot, January 1st. High Score --- Greg5850 ------- 393

Score/Rankings So Far ! December 31 Deadline

Greg5850 ------- 393
gonzav71 ------ 381
Gary Rex ----- 375
PHelperNc --- 372

chasdiccapua ----- 365
John-in_ma ---- 361
Shatik ------ 354
Jaydog ----- 351
Chachoze ------ 350
TonyV138 -------- 349
KitplaneNut ---------346

Looks like greg took it Greg5850 with a 393... Great shooting....

As you know we been kicking around a 10 meter 40 shot shooting competition. We have included a standard free target which can be downloaded and printed from here. 2 Pages equals 40 shots. The page here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VQ708A7lIJpmhT8mhj4WdJMXkLZKP6sC

The rules. 
1. 10 meters away or 33 feet. 
2. .177 caliber only, any choices of pellets and power of gun. Any choice of scope and optics as well. 
3. Hand held only no jackets or weird shirts, No bench rest.
4. Scoring is each target gets 0 to 10 Points. 
5. if you are inside the ring and hit the tiny 10 . that is 10 points. 
6. If you break the line or the ring your score is of the next HIGHEST number. Thus if you are half in on the 10 ring and half out you score it a 10. same goes for 8 to 9. 

The Due Date for the entries is by January 1st. We will shoot again for next month as well.

Please post your scores with 2 images of what you shot and the total score. This is an honor system so no back an forth on scoring we all agreed this is a low key event. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask ?
so far we have 5 people interested in doing this. The more the better. 

I should have my scoring done in the next few days. 

Jay

So just for the sake of clarity the possible range of points for each bulls-eye is, 0.6.7.8.9.10 ???
Just want to be clear as you mentioned that the tiny dot in the center in 10 (which would be typical) but the rings suggest the 10point is the center ring(not dot) and goes outward from there.... just don't want any newcomers to the match to be confused by the point indicated on the bulls-eye rings.

This should be fun, looking forward to giving it a go since its too cold outside to shoot in the back yard.

c98c746c411e4c593bd4b75994081d4f.jpg

I've shot my first sheet, just wanted to confirm if I'm counting correctly?

Also I was sitting in garage and shooting into basement? Is sitting position allowed. 

I thought I had read in another thread that is was unaided offhand(standing) shooting only but i could be mistaken.

If I counted correctly I believe your have a score of 161.
The problem with not using wadcutter pellets is it can be difficult to tell exactly where the pellet passed through the target. If I understand correctly, typically or traditionally if your pellet even just breaks the line of a high point ring then you would get the higher point. In this contest it sounds like that is backwards...you would get the lowest point ring unless you happen to land inside the 9 ring but manage to contact the tiny 10 point dot the you assume the higher score. Does this sound correct as sound sounds a little...unusual to me.

Chachoze, I agree. I think we mentioned in a forum that if you cut the line you get the lower score. The shooting events i have been in was actually opposite. I am not sure why we went that route of taking the lower score versus the higher score? You guys can sound in which way would you want to score it ? Either way I am good. 

Also, we are suppose to shoot it off hand unaided. But if you shoot, who is to say what way you did it? It is all honor system.

By the way nice shooting ! Not sure how I am going to do LOL ! 
Jay

Well, by my judgement of the rules I would say these bulls(counting left to right & top to bottom) would need to drop one point as the hole appears to straddle between two ring zones, most of which look to be rings 8&9(some are difficult to tell to be sure). Bulls 2,3,4,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,20

John & Jay, I don't think it really matters if we round up or down so long as it is consistent across all the rings. I would say that if you want to round down then in order to get the 10 point dot it needs to be completely covered by the pellet hole and not just nicked to count, In shutik's example I would say he has two cleanly covered 10 point dots...near as I can tell.

Ultimately I would say it s up to John and Jay since they came up with this... perhaps this can become an annual winter shooting postal tourney.

Thanks for the target Jaydog. I'll print some out next week and give it a go. I don't have a 10 meter rifle any more. Will use my RAW TM1000 in a thumbhole stock with a Sightron S111 on top. Probably weights close to 15lbs with the palm rest. I have to clean and jerk it like a heavy weight bar to get it up to eye level!!!
Nice shooting John. I'll be lucky to keep things inside the 7 ring...