10-50 Scope for 25 Yard Benchrest?

I use a Sightron SIII 10-50 fine crosshair on my TM1000 for 25M benchrest after using a number of other scopes. I've compared this one side-by-side with March and Nightforce scopes and this one is clearly a winner in terms of clarity, large eye box, and reticle. For 25M, I shoot it at 35X, but I recently competed in a 50 yard event and turned up the power all the way. For BR, I wouldn't consider any other scope.

I run a Hawke 10-50x60 ED on my Thomas for 25m and 50y. It lives on 50x expect for setup. I use the same model scope on my RAW for 75+ and frankly wish I had double the magnification on the RAW. If I had more magnification I doubt I would use it at 25m, but definitely would at anything further out.

Hey Hawke how about a 25-100x60ED for a new model...

I have zero issues with movement artifacts and have a field of view of several bulls at 25m on 50x.

"jps2486"I've compared this one side-by-side with March and Nightforce scopes and this one is clearly a winner in terms of clarity, large eye box, and reticle.
Are you sure the March wasn't broken ? :p Compared a March 8-80, March 5-50 and a sightron 10-50 side by side yesterday and I think the March was a clearly better at clarity, sharpness and resolution. Sightrons tend to have a slight milkyness at above 35x/40x but it's not annoying.

A lot of benchrest shooters use high magnifications at 25 yards, nothing wrong with that. I personally like higher magnifications too during target shooting.

"broekzwans"
"jps2486"I've compared this one side-by-side with March and Nightforce scopes and this one is clearly a winner in terms of clarity, large eye box, and reticle.
Are you sure the March wasn't broken ? :p Compared a March 8-80, March 5-50 and a sightron 10-50 side by side yesterday and I think the March was a clearly better at clarity, sharpness and resolution. Sightrons tend to have a slight milkyness at above 35x/40x but it's not annoying.

A lot of benchrest shooters use high magnifications at 25 yards, nothing wrong with that. I personally like higher magnifications too during target shooting.
My experience is contrary to yours. I looked at a March FFP scope and found my Sightron clearer. Moreover, the Sightron's eye box is more generous.

I have a Sightron Siii10-50x60 LRTD on my 25m BR gun, the target dot fits nicely inside the 10 ring with alittle white showing. I wouldnt use anything less than 32x for 25m, ive used 8-32 Muellers, T36 Weavers then moved to the Sightron, ill never go back! Bought a second 10-50 Sightron for my EBR rifle with Mrad reticle.... crystal clear!!!

this video is at 50x, the Hawk was 80 yards away....

"Salticon"I have a Sightron Siii10-50x60 LRTD on my 25m BR gun, the target dot fits nicely inside the 10 ring with alittle white showing. I wouldnt use anything less than 32x for 25m, ive used 8-32 Muellers, T36 Weavers then moved to the Sightron, ill never go back! Bought a second 10-50 Sightron for my EBR rifle with Mrad reticle.... crystal clear!!!
this video is at 50x, the Hawk was 80 yards away....

Ken,
I really like that reticle. Is that the SIII SVSS series? Model number? 
Thanks

Some of the very best BR shooters in the country use the big Sightron Scope. It works very well at 25yds, you will not be disappointed with it. I use a 36X Sightron for BR indoors and it is the minimum power I would use. I've also looked through the 45X Leopold Target Scope and it is not over powering at 25yds either, just a more concise view.

IMHO

JoeWillie

I have the Nikko 10-50x60 Sportsmans ($1400 scope) as well as the Sightron SIII 10-50x60 ($1100 scope). I'd say those two are very close. The advantage of the Sightron over the Nikko's Sportsman is of course they don't make the Sportsmans any more. I think the SIII is a very good value at $1100. Don't bother with the Nikko Targetmaster 10-50x60; it's not even in the same league as the Sportsman or SIII.

I also have a Leopold Target scopes and have only great things to say about it - including that it is the lightest of the three, and I really like its fine reticle.

While all three are great scopes for benchrest, and would be fine for backyard shooting and practice, I wouldn't want to carry one on a field/hunting gun. At 30 oz for the Sightron and even 24oz for the Leopold they are heavy.

I have a 10-50x60 Sportsman that I bought from Salticon laying on a shelf, as I sold the gun out from under it. I'd let it go for about half the price of a new Sightron SIII.