• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng stop auto-stop

Bleeding the pressure while the compressor is running will not shut it down or activate the auto stop function. If yours is shutting off at 285 even though it reads 300 why not just move up the auto stop pressure shut off to 315 to compensate for the gauge's calibration error? Yes, disconnecting the wires to the gauge should disable the auto stop feature. My
compressor has a plug connected to the gauge and if it is disconnected the gauge only reads the air pressure but won't shut down the compressor.

Thanks, Humdinger. My model is the non-adjustable auto-cutoff version. I just want to be able to bleed it down as per instructions before it cuts out early automatically. I have only tested the unit to check for leaks and see at what pressure it would stop. When I let it reach its cutout pressure I heard a pop and hiss from the low-pressure blow off valve. That I assume means that high-pressure air is leaking back past the check valve to the low side. I want to avoid this happening by purging the pressure before switching off. I won't be losing air from my tank, as I have a non-return valve in my fill line. As you know the instructions are very vague, I don't know why they would add an auto or adjustable stop if it was going to cause damage to the unit if it is deployed. I would rather be able to override this nonsense. There is always the burst disk as a safety fuse if need be. 

Have you tried running it again since you let it hit the auto stop and heard the pop? That isn’t normal. The same compressor with the adjustable auto stop is designed to stop at the set pressure. It just stops, no noise. Then one shuts the fill valve to the tank, and opens the compressor bleed valve. Once pressure had bled off, run the compressor for a minute with the bleed valve open to remove any moisture from the system. Don’t forget to start the compressor with the bleed valve open, and run it for a minute before shutting the bleed valve and filling your tank. Also, don’t open the fill valve on the tank until compressor pressure is within a few hundred psi of tank pressure. And as has already been discussed a lot on AGN, use a good synthetic compressor oil and an additional filter-dryer. 

Thanks, Centercut. I just topped my tank up from 260 bar. Everything went well and it took about 10-15 minutes to reach 290 on my manometer that was scavenged from the backpack that my bottle came with. I think it is pretty accurate. I have compared it to the gauges on my guns and a few others that I have on fill adaptors and my external reg. All my gauges read within + or- 150 psi of each other. Anyhow, this time it shut down normally and there was nothing leaking back to the low-pressure bleed- block. I'm using the Tuxing gold filter filled with the 13x type Zeolite. I'm a little concerned that the media contained some fine talc-like powder mixed amongst it. I have it sandwiched between about 11/2 inches of the tampon. Do you think that it is enough to catch this dust? I can imagine that it would shrink quite a bit under 300 bar of pressure.