• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng set up 2 years and running strong.

IMG_1005.1607652269.jpg
IMG_1012.1607652276.jpg

30 and 45 min SCBA tanks, Charcoal, Sieve and Desiccant Filter on top of cotton pre filter. Harbor Freight 260 GPM water Pump. Less than $1000 for all. I know it's not a $1500 Compressor but very pleased with it's performance especially for the cost.

You be set up very nicely there especially for the money spent. Probly as good as or better than many of the $1500 compressors out there. These are great units for the money. I have YH that I ran for two years as well. Retired it still running for a newer model as it had one of the original weak pistons in it. I have a piston set for it but have not put it in yet. Should be good to go for more than two years after that.

I've gotten mine to fail several times. But ran it pretty hard. It has an easy life now, and runs better than it did when I got it. Of course it's got some modifications, and improved bits here and there.

Do you run both in tandem? Looks like a great setup.

Here's mine. It's on a cut up freight pallet, lol. 2 treated posts, and some casters. I'll make a nicer rolling table for it some day.

DSCF55611.1607656950.JPG

I have the same compressor. In the picture you have the your return line going back to your supply source. That seems counter productive as the hot water should raise temperature the supply water. With that being said, it is a lot nicer set up than mine. My water pump is set to flow 160 GPR or 2.66GPM. It has strong flow at the input side, but only has a trickle on the output side. How strong is your return flow compared to your -supply side?

Nice set up. Clean and organized, no clutter. Good way to treat/respect High Pressure Air.

Looks like one is pumping and the other on deck ready to go if needed.

My water pump is set to flow 160 GPR or 2.66GPM. It has strong flow at the input side, but only has a trickle on the output side. How strong is your return flow compared to your -supply side?

Seems all the fountain type pumps, even the bigger ones, have a weak ability to pump against pressure restrictions like a head of 3' or more, or thru the narrow cooling passage ways(read restrictions) in the YH. While with no head to pump against, they do put out some good volume.

I've gone to a small 12v bilge pump I had on the shelf. Its much higher pressure capability, to pump against restrictions, creates turbulent flow in the YH for great cooling/heat absorption. Won't be a trickle on your output with a bilge pump.

jmo

Do you have a picture of the bulge pump? How do you power it? Small 12 battery or converter? Thanks for the info.

tim

After reading this thread yesterday, this morning was re-plumbing/neating up my YH nitro booster set up on a cart.

Here is the 300gph pump I use, just because I had it. Any small rule/etc, bilge pump would work, don't need a big one at all. If you have a big 1 on hand like a 1100gph, might want to restrict its output down a little, maybe try it first, you can always crimp the line a little with a wire tie if you have to much flow. Whats too much flow,? good question. There is theoretically a point of no return, I haven't found that yet with the 300gph pump. A temp reading of the Yong Heng cyl, along with the water output temp might shed some light on that question. Using the bilge pump lowed my YH upper cyl temp by almost 30°. I use a 10 gallon storage container with water wetter for my reservoir.

I'm powering with an old jetski battery. But my set up doesn't run long so the small battery works fine. Any way you want to power it with 12v would work. Protect the pump with an inline 2amp fuse, if you use a converter probably have to be at least 2 amps. I've even run it with my motorcycle battery charger on the jetski battery when it was weak..

20201212_092828.1607783838.jpg