• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Yong Heng mods update

Yeah didn't think about that.

I know the one thing I did to mine was polished the cylinder and head mating surface to reduce any leaks. Also used some gasket material from NAPA and made gaskets. These seem to be much better than the one that came with the pump, as well as the replacements you can get.

Could you give us a link or the material specs please? I have a cnc laser cutter and the file to cut them.

Does your machine pump as fast as it did before the new gaskets?

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FPG3157?impressionRank=3

Belive that is what I have.

Then I took the head and jug off the pump and used some 400 grit paper with some lapping oil. Polished both as smooth as I could get things. Then made the gaskets. The pump seems to run better and easier for it to build pressure.

Also took everything apart when I got it and cleaned up all the insides as well. Much like I did with the 2 stroke on my bicycle.

BHman, please help. Removed & dismantled my wife's brain last night to figure out how it works. The ONLY function still working after reinstalling was it tells me I did it INCORRECTLY! Over & over & over......

The woman has two brain halves!

In the left half nothing it right.

In the right half nothing is left.

I think that is the material I have. I am out of town until Monday. Will check to make sure, but that is where I grabbed the material from. It is definitely a much better material than the thin cheap material that comes with the rebuild kit.

I think more than anything the polishing of the head and jug did more to seal things up more than anything. Making sure that there are no burrs or anything that prevents a good seal.

Well I did a couple of mods to this thing and after all of that I have been using it for near eight months and it has werqed flawlessly.

I recently added an eight inch fan, at the back, to push a bit more air through the unit and fired it up, to do my final testing on it, to see how long I could actually run it before it overheated. Will it didn't. Overheat I mean like it never happened it just ran and it ran and.. So, twenty minutes later it was still just at my self imposed shutoff temp of 60C. Yes, I know the manual says 75C but then again the manual kinda sucks. It equalized somewhere between 59 and 60C and it just stayed there. A big plus for all the werq I did. I was actually wondering if I would ever get here little did I know that I was already. Anyway you can do it the easy way and just use ice or the hard way and add fans and radiators and... It's up to you.

However you choose to do it though, watch those temps close and, always be sure you have water flowing through the head and oil in the crankcase.

Embarrassed emoji goes here as I just overheated my repaired unit cuz I plugged the wrong pump in while testing after replacing an old outdated piston set.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/yet-another-yong-heng-mod/?referrer=1

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-dedicated-yong-heng-subforum/#post-1127767
Just curious if you put a frozen milk jug in your cooling water?
Sometimes I put 2 in, let the over sized pump and lines run for a 1\2hour before starting the hpa pump.
I also "chill-fill" the tank, stopping the compressor at 4500 psi. I gain about 200 psi when the tank warms up. Well within safety standards.

Well I did a couple of mods to this thing and after all of that I have been using it for near eight months and it has werqed flawlessly.

I recently added an eight inch fan, at the back, to push a bit more air through the unit and fired it up, to do my final testing on it, to see how long I could actually run it before it overheated. Will it didn't. Overheat I mean like it never happened it just ran and it ran and.. So, twenty minutes later it was still just at my self imposed shutoff temp of 60C. Yes, I know the manual says 75C but then again the manual kinda sucks. It equalized somewhere between 59 and 60C and it just stayed there. A big plus for all the werq I did. I was actually wondering if I would ever get here little did I know that I was already. Anyway you can do it the easy way and just use ice or the hard way and add fans and radiators and... It's up to you.

However you choose to do it though, watch those temps close and, always be sure you have water flowing through the head and oil in the crankcase.

Embarrassed emoji goes here as I just overheated my repaired unit cuz I plugged the wrong pump in while testing after replacing an old outdated piston set.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/yet-another-yong-heng-mod/?referrer=1

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-dedicated-yong-heng-subforum/#post-1127767
Very nice

Do you two know what hp electric motor the YH compressors have?

Fly
The nameplate on the motor (not the pump) should have the nominal HP listed. In general principle a single phase motor is approximately 50% efficient. The pump is nominal 1.8KW. 1.8kw x 0.5 eff = 900 watts actual pumping. 900 W / 746 W per HP = 1.20 brake HP output. Probably a 1HP motor running hot within the service factor margin allowed by the electrical code.

If you want to use a separate fan for the purpose of reducing motor current draw I doubt it will make a difference. It's about the same size as a large computer housing fan. Those draw 5 watts max. If you want more cooling air over the motor I'd recommend (not kidding) a leaf blower on low speed forcing air into the rear of the unit.

I just took a look at the rear of my own new YH (still haven't used it yet...) ; I can't tell for sure by looking if the fan is driven directly off the motor via a shaft extension OR if it's a separate small motor. I've never had the thing open yet and I don't know off the top of my head. In any case even if it is directly driven by the compressor motor shaft it is only 5w out of a nameplate 1,800 watt power input. Negligible motor current reduction IMO. Regards.

I have removed the original YH fan from the shaft and mounted a high flow fan from AC Infinity. It is a plug in so that means works independently from the compressor, usually I let it run an extra 5 minutes until I pack up the gear after a refill.

20220508_110549.jpg

I have removed the original YH fan from the shaft and mounted a high flow fan from AC Infinity. It is a plug in so that means works independently from the compressor, usually I let it run an extra 5 minutes until I pack up the gear after a refill.

View attachment 279644
Looks like you bolted the new fan onto the existing intake grill? What is the watts of the fan?