Yong Heng cooling mod question

Has anybody ran copper tubing like this in their ice and water on the yong heng compressor??

Screenshot_20240429-104853.png

He never states what temperature was BEFORE adding copper tubing. I'd think that it wouldn't make a drastic difference in temperature. Some difference, a bit probably. Drastic, probably not. Copper is a better conductor of heat & cold than rubber tubing, of course, but I'd like to see comparison numbers before & after. Mine runs cool enough as is without copper tubing. YMMV.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
He never states what temperature was BEFORE adding copper tubing. I'd think that it wouldn't make a drastic difference in temperature. Some difference, a bit probably. Drastic, probably not. Copper is a better conductor of heat & cold than rubber tubing, of course, but I'd like to see comparison numbers before & after. Mine runs cool enough as is without copper tubing. YMMV.
It's definitely worth trying.

look up counter flow chillers in Home brew beer .

I got two! Copper coil, 50' long inside a potable rated garden hose and a 10' stainless steel commercial coil.

I'm drinking a home brew right now!

The secret of copper is the RATE of heat transfer. You can have a 50' coil of plastic in ice and a 50' coil of copper in ice and the plastic will start well but once you pull a constant stream, the copper will keep the temp drop and the plastic will loose transfer more and more as tune goes on.

We do this in home brewing, it's called a picnic cooler.

Last edited: