• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

X-Sight 4k rangefinder...

Hi,

Does anyone have the rangefinder that "goes" with the scope yet? You know, the one that "talks" to the scope and adjusts the "reticle" so your POI is where your POA is, without having to use holdover or change the turrets...

Thanks,

Kmd

Atn has something like that on their thermal scopes. However, it is an additional piece and is unreliable and querky. I heard maximum range for the rangefinder is 130 yards or so. What you are asking for is not really a mainstream technology.

Hi,

Does anyone have the rangefinder that "goes" with the scope yet? You know, the one that "talks" to the scope and adjusts the "reticle" so your POI is where your POA is, without having to use holdover or change the turrets...

Thanks,

Kmd

Atn has something like that on their thermal scopes. However, it is an additional piece and is unreliable and querky. I heard maximum range for the rangefinder is 130 yards or so. What you are asking for is not really a mainstream technology.

I have no idea where you got your info from, but it is incorrect.Maybe you did not understand my question, or I did not understand your answer!? I have no clue. All I know is that the ATN rangefinder definitely has more range than 150 yards, as "proven" in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dq7V9qzxks

A quick google search also comes up with a few reviews that give the rangefinder a solid rating.

This is the rangefinder I am talking about... https://www.atncorp.com/range-finder-abl-1000

As it turns out, it is not even available yet, so never mind. : )

Thanks,

Kmd

My friend bought it and put it on a 300WSM and first time out it froze 3 times and never hit pio with the rangefinder , was off like 1 to 3 inches at only 100 yards , and this gun is a .10 MOA Gun .He returned it and got a Trijicon and he loves it but is was alot more $$$$$$$ , I do not like those programs , better off ranging with range finder , mill dots or mildot master . The only Civilian that I have tested which seemed to be spot on was the BORS or Barrett Optical Ranging System) This unit goes onto scope body elevation turret and it tells all weather conditions and when you spin turret it will read out in MOA or MILS , so say you zero at 50 yards , and you spin elevation turret it shows the yardage for POI , I had it on my .338laupa and it spun out to 1500 yards and every round hit its mark , but you need to range animal or target and say it is 340 yards you spin turret till it says 340 and it will hit its mark , This does not do wind just elevation .and they only fir SB scopes ,

My friend bought it and put it on a 300WSM and first time out it froze 3 times and never hit pio with the rangefinder , was off like 1 to 3 inches at only 100 yards , and this gun is a .10 MOA Gun .He returned it and got a Trijicon and he loves it but is was alot more $$$$$$$ , I do not like those programs , better off ranging with range finder , mill dots or mildot master . The only Civilian that I have tested which seemed to be spot on was the BORS or Barrett Optical Ranging System) This unit goes onto scope body elevation turret and it tells all weather conditions and when you spin turret it will read out in MOA or MILS , so say you zero at 50 yards , and you spin elevation turret it shows the yardage for POI , I had it on my .338laupa and it spun out to 1500 yards and every round hit its mark , but you need to range animal or target and say it is 340 yards you spin turret till it says 340 and it will hit its mark , This does not do wind just elevation .and they only fir SB scopes ,

When you say "IT", you mean the X-Sight 4k, correct? If so, people have mixed results with it. Some love it because it works fine, others hate it because it freezes up all the time thus rendering it useless. I have heard of the BORS system and I like the principle of it.

I assume that SB is Smidt & Bender, correct!?

Thanks for the input.

The one in the video above, is the older model. I have one. It will work with the X-sight ll. The one for the 4K Pro (the link), is not available yet, like you said.

OK, so the "old" range finder will work with the "old" X-Sight, which is expected. The question is: Will the old rangefinder work with the new 4k version, AND, more importantly, how good does it work?

Thanks,

Kmd

That would be really interesting just like the Burris and Bushnell ballistic laser scopes which unfortuneately doesn't do anything for close range airgun shooting. It would be very neat to have something for airgun use.

CA

EXACTLY!

I am not sure what the minimum parallax on the Burris Eliminator is, but I believe it is 50 yards. So like you said, not good for air gunner. Unless of course you are mainly shooting long range.

I did not know that Bushnell makes Ballistics scopes as well, so I just googled it, but found nothing. I see that they have an app out but no scope!?

Thanks,

Kmd